About the EMBY SSL certificate

Joechung
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Dear EmBY technicians, I have just applied for a one-year SSL certificate. How should I add the certificate into EMBY? The file extracted from my certificate is the content shown in the attached picture below.

F6B35DDC-8C11-4B68-ABEA-4DA8A40DF30C.png

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, have you explored the emby server network settings?

Hello, I have studied it, but I did not operate it properly. I also tried to import it, but it still shows unsafe when I visit emby website (the same as before importing the certificate).

• Solution
On 9/28/2021 at 10:28 PM, Joechung said:

Dear EmBY technicians, I have just applied for a one-year SSL certificate. How should I add the certificate into EMBY? The file extracted from my certificate is the content shown in the attached picture below.

F6B35DDC-8C11-4B68-ABEA-4DA8A40DF30C.png

Hi, that a pem format cert but Emby requires a PKCS #12 format cert with Certificate password.
This isn't a problem but will require an extra step to convert this.

If you have openssl installed you can do this conversion on your own computer.

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html

On this webpage you can either select the formats let the site do the conversion for you or look down at the bottom of the page for the command line syntax to use with openssl.

After creating the pfx 12 cert you will need to change a couple of fields in Emby Web Admin in the Network menu.
External domain: this the domain name you registered the cert for
Custom ssl certificate path: this is the path on the server to where the pfx file is located
Certificate password: this is the password used when converting the pem to pfx 12.
Secure connection mode: You will likely want this set to required

Let us know how you make out,
Carlo

Joechung
On 10/1/2021 at 2:59 AM, cayars said:

Hi, that a pem format cert but Emby requires a PKCS #12 format cert with Certificate password.

On this webpage you can either select the formats let the site do the conversion for you or look down at the bottom of the page for the command line syntax to use with openssl.

After creating the pfx 12 cert you will need to change a couple of fields in Emby Web Admin in the Network menu.
Custom ssl certificate path: this is the path on the server to where the pfx file is located
Certificate password: this is the password used when converting the pem to pfx 12.

Carlo

Ok, I'll give it a try. I'll show you the process. Thank you very much, ma 'am

• Like 1

Joechung
On 10/1/2021 at 2:59 AM, cayars said:

Carlo

HI cayars

I tried to convert it again, but it still showed unsafe after importing EMBY and opening the domain name (proved to be failed).

image.png.fd539e2603d3eaa34c7d8aed915205ae.png

Cadkey

however if you follow the tutorial, it's quite simple. You need SSL on a pc and extract the certificate from the synology.
Where are you blocking? Does emby have the rights to read the pfx file? because it is necessary that emby has the rights of the file to go to read it.

Sure thing.  

I'm not sure why it was different when I created the cert Emby needed but I'm glad it's working now.