USA EPG

GUIDE

I think it's a good idea to have iptv pre m3u lists for people to use instead of having to map channels individually which can take a lot of time. I would like to start it off for USA, please feel free to help fill in the missing channels until we get the complete channel lineup.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="265 AETV"
www.link.com
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="254 AMC"
www.link.com
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="1557 AMCPLUS"
www.link.com

On 9/28/2021 at 1:46 PM, cayars said:

Hi, what exactly are you trying to do?

You know how if you have an m3u list with all the channels properly named emby will automatically map them ? 

13 hours ago, GUIDE said:

You know how if you have an m3u list with all the channels properly named emby will automatically map them ? 

Hi, yes emby can automatically map tuner channels to guide channels if the data matches. If not then you can still manually map. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes emby can automatically map tuner channels to guide channels if the data matches. If not then you can still manually map. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Would you happen to have a full list of usa correctly named ?

I'm going to post a curated m3u file shortly from one of the providers I use showing how this can be done.
The links will not be valid as it will require your own username and password (easy search/replace).

Anyone with a Premiere license would be able to set this up to see how easy it will work in Emby.
I've got maybe another day of work on it (with everything else) to clean up a couple logos and try to find a couple more station matches.

I have the data I used in raw form. I can try and clean this up and organize it so it would be useful to more people.

HBO Zone
stationId: 59845
callSign: HBOZHD

ListingsId: USA-DITV-DEFAULT
ChannelNumber: 509

ListingsId: USA-ECHOST-DEFAULT
ChannelNumber: 308

LogoURL: This will be a generic logo.  The guide will replace it.
Guide Logos will range from 1 to 3 depending on station

image.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GUIDE said:

Would you happen to have a full list of usa correctly named ?

That and a whole lot more. Stay tuned. :)

• Like 1

Here is a sample of what can be done.  I stripped down my normal m3u list which has many more groups/tags then in this m3u file.  Mine also has NFL TV, MLB TV,  NHL TV, ESPN PLUS TV, beIN Sports TV, F1 Formula TV & XXX TV. These other groups aren't needed for this example.

The links in the m3u file are not valid as this is just an example m3u file.

I've tried to make this a powerful example of real world use using multiple different Guide Sources. First unzip the attached file to a location on your system that Emby has access  to.  You will notice one of the guide sources is a gz (compressed file) which you leave as is.  Emby will unpack this as needed.  So let's setup the Guide Sources needed:

Example LiveTVSetup.zip

Emby Guide Sources:
DIRECTV (USA) - USA zip: 19102 - USA-DITV-DEFAULT
Dish Network (USA) - USA zip: 19102 - USA-ECHOST-DEFAULT
Sky Q (London) - United Kingdom postal:E1 - GBR-1000197-DEFAULT
Optional: USA zip: 19102 Over the air

XML Sources (set these up pointing to the 2 XML files)
Master1.gz
Master2.xml

Normally the two files above would be URLs vs files for updated info. You only need the optional OTA listing if you want to match the local channels I have for the Philla area.

Now add the M3U Tuner pointed to the Master.m3u file.

After the Guide refreshes you should have this:
Local TV
image.thumb.png.66e9830f4a31de054aa45853a7d7d0a7.png

Kids TV
image.thumb.png.11375e6b889864eb091b9e96abccc661.png

Premium TV
image.thumb.png.d87b652f5c82d75de0422b7ffc2ac1ef.png

USA TV
image.thumb.png.a70542de8c56c31e10d316786743c9ac.png

Sports TV
image.thumb.png.549d366cc77c1b49226a944d3950c717.png

You will likely have a few sports channels without a match as additional guides would be needed but for this example we'll leave them out.

In many of the apps including web you can filter based on group/tag like this so each person can setup the guide for what they are interested in.
image.png.b51c435c67c4929fa3f261f6e637adc7.png

This will give you the rich program and on now experience in Emby such as
image.thumb.png.88053c6ac45ad620983b2b85955d6651.png

So there you go.  If you look at the m3u file you can see the use of Emby Guide codes for matching.  You'll also notice I did not assign any channel numbers.  Without the channel numbers Emby will auto assign IDs to these and this m3u list of channels will fall in after any local hardware or other tuners.  You of course could assign channel number at the m3u level or in Emby itself.

Edited by cayars