[Issue] After nvidia shield sleep the plugin doesn't sync

obituary
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

• Kodi Version: 19.1
  • Plugin: plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.9-build 55 (ex5)
  • Native mode

It's pretty easy to reproduce. Just open Kodi, put the shield to sleep (or let it naturally sleep). Drop a new file into place, let emby scrape it, and then turn the shield back on. You'll see no activity from the client in the embyserver.txt log. I've found 2 ways to fix it:

1. Close and restart Kodi
  2. Use the "restart emby for kodi" menu item 

After either, you'll get a sync bar.

Things tried so far:

• Setting "start up delay (in seconds) to 5. I saw a suggestion in another thread that perhaps things were starting up before the shield had its network stack up. I'd hope that there is some retry code though for making the web socket connection.

Are there any other logs I can provide or things I can try?

Thanks.

quickmic
9 hours ago, obituary said:
  • Kodi Version: 19.1
  • Plugin: plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.9-build 55 (ex5)
  • Native mode

It's pretty easy to reproduce. Just open Kodi, put the shield to sleep (or let it naturally sleep). Drop a new file into place, let emby scrape it, and then turn the shield back on. You'll see no activity from the client in the embyserver.txt log. I've found 2 ways to fix it:

1. Close and restart Kodi
  2. Use the "restart emby for kodi" menu item 

After either, you'll get a sync bar.

Things tried so far:

• Setting "start up delay (in seconds) to 5. I saw a suggestion in another thread that perhaps things were starting up before the shield had its network stack up. I'd hope that there is some retry code though for making the web socket connection.

Are there any other logs I can provide or things I can try?

Thanks.

I'll check that. Sounds after sleepmode, the websocket communications is offline.

Please try sending a msg from Emby server to Kodi after wake up from sleep.

quickmic

I found a problem with after wake up, will be fixed in next version. I think this could address your issue, but not sure.

• Solution
quickmic
9 hours ago, obituary said:

The message system doesn't work. I will watch out for a new version. Thanks.

Only after wake up or in general? If it never works, there mus be a bigger problem...

Please try this version:

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.10-build 81 (ex8).zip

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Only after wake up or in general? If it never works, there mus be a bigger problem...

Please try this version:

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.10-build 81 (ex8).zip

Only after wake up. It seems like it needs to hit a certain level of hibernation as well. If I sleep it myself and immediately wake it back up, it seems fine. I'm assuming it goes into a deeper hibernate at some point.

I will try this new version. Thanks.

I think whatever you have implemented in 6.0.10-build 81 (ex8) might have fixed the issue. My first test was successful after the shield was asleep for 8-9 hours. Bonus points for the movie being the first movie in the library from a collection, and the collection coming over automatically. I had seen some issues there as well until a box collection sync was run.

I will test more, but marked your comment as the solution.

Thanks you.

• Thanks 1