Sharp Roku Tv wont play video any more

russman547

fmpeg version 4.3.1-8ubuntu1~20.04.sav1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers

Are you using your own ffmpeg? You need to use the ffmpeg provided by Emby...

• 2 weeks later...
russman547

I do not know anthing about systemlink also not sure howtwo choose a custom FFmpeg.  on the dashboard it always says direct play when I try to play  it but wont.  I do use advanced tab for transcoding(it is done on an old nvidia video card).  it used to be fine.  I have upgraded the linux server to latest LTS and that is where emby serves from but that update was atleast 6 months ago and it was working at that time, this is the only roku tv i am having trouble with.  

Thanks for the support

Russman

russman547

it is possible,  i used an old custom ffmeg way back when emby was first getting hardware acceleration working.  i have been pointing to the same Cache file directory forever for all of my metadata 

i used an old custom ffmeg way back when emby was first getting hardware acceleration working. 

I would try and undo that as that is probably your issue. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
russman547

So I uninstalled Emby and reinstalled emby and there was still no play on the Roku tv...   I am at  a loss... i have attched a log to see if there is anything obvious, I have looked at them too.

Thanks

embyserver (2).txt

Hi.  At what time did you attempt to play in that log and what exactly happened?

Also, if you don't use DLNA, can you turn that option off in the server config as it is throwing a ton of errors.  If you are trying to use DLNA, then we need to get to the bottom of those.