Trouble with new Quadro P2000 Hardware Transcoding

TurtleXIII

TurtleXIII

Preface: I'm pretty new to Linux so that's where I'm assuming the problem lies, I just must have done something wrong somewhere.

So I have OpenMediaVault 5 with Emby running in Docker. I have followed multiple guides trying to set up the hardware transcoding, but it is not working at this point. It still uses my CPU to transcode. However, I'm able to see that my system is able to see the Quadro card in command line with nvidia-smi. There's just no processes while transcoding in Emby. I must be doing something wrong, I'm just not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

TurtleXIII
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, have you taken a look at this?

So this was one of the guides I followed, I did so. And since you linked it I did so again. The only things I changed were PUID, PGID, and GIDLIST to what I think were the IDs (998, 100, and 44, respectively). And then I just had a different config location. I just tried transcoding and it's all being done by my CPU still. No GPU processes.

TurtleXIII

Well one thing that could also be wrong is step 2 says ubuntu 18.04 maybe is that a reason it's not working?

Otherwise anyone have any other ideas? 😕

TurtleXIII

@Luke So I've been trying different things for a few hours and nothing seems to work. In my above reply I said that in the post it says ubuntu 18.04, but I found a fix for that so I don't think that is the issue. I think I'm correct on the PUID, PGID, and GIDLIST, but that's the only thing that was different from what I did compared to the original guide. I tried what another commenter said in the thread you linked saying to switch

--env NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=all \
    --env NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=compute,utility,video \

with

--gpus all \

And I tried that and got an error when I tried starting the container, so I'm not sure..

I'm thinking maybe I should install just a different OS? I backed up my config and I already have all metadata saved with media. If I just do normal Linux or maybe even Windows I wouldn't have to deal with Docker GPU passthrough stuff. I just don't know what else to try at this point