Emby Web App Remote Download Problem

guyinasuit

guyinasuit

Over the last couple weeks, when I attempt to remote download a file from the web app, several random files download as an unusable file titled
"download.mkv." I discovered that all the files with this problem had apostrophes in the file name (because of an apostrophe in the episode title), and when I manually deleted the episode title in the file name, the problem was fixed and remote downloading worked just fine. Any chance this is a recent bug in remote downloading? The affected files play just fine on the web app. Remote downloading is the only issue.

guyinasuit

I'm talking about remote downloading from outside the network. Although, I just tried downloading from inside the network and the same problem happens with file names that have apostrophes in them being downloaded as an unusable "download.mkv".

OK i can't reproduce so that might be a good sign that it's resolved for the next release. You may  just want to make sure that it's not due to some other reason such as a network blip, space on the device downloading, etc.

• Like 1