New Emby for iOS 2.0.9 Album Art unable to display full screen.

jimmyxyu

46 minutes ago, jimmyxyu said:

The old version kept Album Cover Art aspect ratio but new version displayed picture distorted, please see screenshots.

Not only this album, all Album Cover Art showing with distorted pictures. Not original aspect ratio. I did not change anything on the Emby server.

Happy2Play

Does the web client do the same for these these images?

Isn't Album art suppose to be aspect ratio 1x1? @Luke

I think the new screen has it a little smaller but not distorted. Measure the aspect ratio and compare to the original. The new screen actually keeps the aspect ratio. The old screen distorts it.

Based my experience, the new version 2.0.9 displayed Album Art distorted, old version was good with a larger picture, almost full screen.

Edited by jimmyxyu

1 hour ago, jimmyxyu said:

Based my experience, the new version 2.0.9 displayed Album Art distorted, old version was good with a larger picture, almost full screen.

What do you mean by distorted?

Happy2Play

Looks like the image is placed in a 2:3 aspect ratio placeholder even though the image is not 2:3.  So the image gets squished from left to right. 

46 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Looks like the image is placed in a 2:3 aspect ratio placeholder even though the image is not 2:3.  So the image gets squished from left to right. 

He said the original aspect is 853x1280, which is nearly 2:3, right?

Happy2Play
34 minutes ago, Luke said:

He said the original aspect is 853x1280, which is nearly 2:3, right?

True it is close (1.48:1), but you can see it in the first image. Yes Photoshop cropped the 1280x953 image to 1280c863 using 2:3.

All my album art is 1:1 square so would have to make some edits to possibly test this.

But the image linked above is 1280x953 (1.34:1) not 1280x863 (1.48:1).

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

But this may help, but to me since the original posted 1280x953 it is a image issue.

Original

1B32E346-4AC2-4202-B4F3-D573FDF401C9.jpeg

distorted to 2:3

image.thumb.png.2a00ab675ca6e2752eaeb62a4f8321ba.png

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Not sure if you saw my post above but I would say it is a aspect ratio issue putting that image in a the 2:3 placeholder.  But do not know the exact method Luke is using to fill/cover the placeholder as I see this all the time in web client stretching/squishing irregular People images.