alphabetical bar for quick jumping - web client

Florian2000

Florian2000

Hi,

one feature request:

1) the alphabetical bar for quick jumping is missing in the album view for music collections in the web client when the album view is selected with ordering of album interpret.

I see literally no good reason why this bar is missing there. whenever there is the sorting option of huge objects...a quick jumping bar should be available.

music library:

grafik.thumb.png.a28302facf31005805c7fd960433058e.png

movie library - see red marking:

grafik.thumb.png.10157d55ab9f1f98a56d14d423a6124d.png

and in the same music library but in the album-interpret view it is also there:

grafik.thumb.png.846a407c0db363843d50d3d6f2997ea0.png

Br, Florian

• Like 1

Happy2Play

AlphaPickerRow is specific to Sort order and only applies to TITLE as you are sorting Albums, all other sort orders remove the picker this is the same across all libraries.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, Florian2000 said:

grafik.thumb.png.a28302facf31005805c7fd960433058e.png

I'm confused what do you expect Alpha-picker to do in this picture, look at the Titles, they're all over the place, what do you envision pressing P, for example, should do? 

Spaceboy

Well assuming he would expect to be taken to artists beginning with P then the request is perfectly valid. You can see the sort order applied is still album artists and this is how WMC used to work in the same view

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

Well assuming he would expect to be taken to artists beginning with P then the request is perfectly valid. You can see the sort order applied is still album artists and this is how WMC used to work in the same view

Ah, I was approaching it wrongly, from purely Title perspective. Yeah, that does make sense, when you think of it. 

Florian2000
59 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

yes, this was meant.

I think it is realized that way on the FireTV.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Florian2000 said:

btw: is it somehow possible to select the album view as default instead of recommendation?

grafik.thumb.png.83614a6e01479c0ccbef672fb5f625bf.png

Home Screen settings, under Music change "Default screen", that'll be your landing page. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
wordlover

I am not understanding the last few comments, so I will add here: I would advocate as a high priority having alpha picker/jump/navigation for all multi-album screens, especially for album artist - without it, album navigation in a large library on the phone/tablet app when sorted by album artist requires carpal tunnel-inducing amounts of finger-swiping/scrolling. (grin)  As I posted elsewhere:

It would be great to have an alpha jump bar on the right margin of ALL multi-album screens, for ALL sort or filter fields. Especially when Albums are sorted by Album Artist, it's really hard to scroll through my 1,000+ albums - having the alpha navigation bar in all sorts/filters would make a big usability improvement.

Edited by wordlover