Recordings with wrong season

clarkss12

clarkss12

To begin, not sure if this issue can be solved by you, so no expectations needed.

Problem :::: trying to fill in missing episodes for a series.......

I have MOST of the Highway Patrol episodes, but missing some for the episodes from season 5, 6, and 7.  

My local broadcast "decades" station is broadcasting all of the episodes, BUT that station does NOT include the season OR episode numbers, but it does include the episode name...

So, it appears that Emby, created a folder called called ****** Highway Patrol (2009)*****, and the correct episodes are in that folder.  Problem is, that is is duplicating the episodes that I already have.

Guess this is hard to understand.....

Highway patrol 3.jpg

Highway patrol 4.jpg

Highway patrol 5.jpg

Highway patrol 6.jpg

Highway patrol.jpg

Highway patrol2.jpg

I've had this problem as well and I think it was decades too.

What I did was set it to record every for that show.  Then every few days I would see what it was going to record.  I'd then look to see if I had it already.  I just used two browser windows.

It's a pain but can be manually done.  When I forgot to set episodes not to record I would just remove them on disc after checking.

clarkss12
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

I've had this problem as well and I think it was decades too.

What I did was set it to record every for that show.  Then every few days I would see what it was going to record.  I'd then look to see if I had it already.  I just used two browser windows.

It's a pain but can be manually done.  When I forgot to set episodes not to record I would just remove them on disc after checking.

Yes, that is a very good idea.........  Thanks

As I think about it, Emby MUST check for season numbers to decide if that episode is already in the library.  What if, Emby also checks the season "name" to see if it is already in the library ........  The season names ARE the same, just NO numbers from "Decades".

• Like 2

• 1 month later...