In Progress Recording Stops Playback

Volfan6415

Volfan6415

So if I start watching an in-progress recording the playback appears to stop when the playback reaches the time the recording was at when playback started.

For example following timeline

06:30 - recording starts

07:00 - playback starts

07:30 - playback stops after only playing 30 min of the file (the time that was available when the recording started)

From looking at my logs it looks like there something toing on with FFMPG that is causing this? 

2021-09-24 12:55:30.070 Info App: AppendExtraLogData - Read graph file: /var/lib/emby/logs/ffmpeg-transcode-1bc0242b-d92d-4e56-aead-b65c021b31a0_1graph.txt
2021-09-24 12:55:30.072 Info App: AppendExtraLogData - Deserialized GraphData fileStream: {0:n} bytes Graph Count: 1
2021-09-24 12:55:30.072 Info App: AppendExtraLogData - File Deleted
2021-09-24 12:55:30.126 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 1bc024' Process exited with code 0
2021-09-24 12:55:30.127 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Roku SG 4.0.31 playing Today. Stopped at 3848000 ms

This may be unrelated though.

The recording i have having issues with is my daily recording of the Today show.  I have it set to record for 30 min before and for 120 minutes after the normally two hour show timeslot.  So the file by the end of the recording ends up being around 4:30 hours long.  But the problem shows up when the recording hasn't reached the full length yet.

I have attached the transcode log from an attempt to play the file this morning.

ffmpeg-transcode-1bc0242b-d92d-4e56-aead-b65c021b31a0_1.txt

Volfan6415

no it does not

I was using emby theater on linux for awhile and didn't have this issue.  I am trying to simplify my setup and remove the htpc out of the equation and just use the roku app that is native to my tv.

Thats when i noticed the issue.

Edited by Volfan6415

If  you run the file through MKVToolNix GUI does it solve the problem? The Roku is dependent upon the header of the MKV being correct. It does not read the bitstreams. It runs a "format detection" routine over the container and attempts to pull metadata from the header. If the container has the incorrect extension it will be a problem. If the container has the wrong runtime in the header metadata it will be a problem. MKVToolNix GUI will fix the runtime problem.

Oh wait. In progress. Yeah.. That will be a problem unless the file is fully transcoding. You can use the "Playback Correction" function. Once it is transcoding it should keep the runtime correct and play through the real time point. Let us know how it goes. Apologies we don't make this easier to understand.

• 9 months later...
50 minutes ago, iii2405 said:

Hello, just wondering if this was solved?

Hi, yes we believe so.