DVR temporary location

sakosky1

I have run into disk utilization issues when recording multiple shows with the DVR.  It would be great to be able to specify a temporary folder where the file is created while recording, then move to the final location.  In my case, I would record to an ssd and move to my large hdd array.

I ended up pointing the default recording path to a tiered storage array which alleviates the disk utilization issue, but it's much smaller than my main storage array, which means that I have to manually move content when the recording location fills up.  I have a dedicated ssd partition that I use for transcoding caches, but that is much too small for any persistent storage.  Ideally, I would like to have the DVR record to the SSD cache drive and move the file to the main array when the recording completes.

Have you looked at the AUTO ORGANIZE plugin? It might be what you're after.

Either that, or use the Recording Post-Processing fields to run a command file to move recordings.

I record to an m.2 SSD then use MCEBuddy to strip commercials, convert from mpeg.ts to HEVC.mkv then move them into my 65 Tb Drive Pool.

@cayars assisted with this.

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 2