Questions about this update (v.2.0.9) on iPhone.

intel329

Hi, yes although the trailer button is going to be moved up to overlay on top of the backdrop, so that will be one less bug button.

Are you saying that this shape will be confirmed?

I liked the previous compact shape more. (Of course, there was no problem with pressing the button.)

scrolling up and down is longer, so it is inconvenient to see.

I would appreciate it if you could reconsider this.

Spacing has been tightened so it actually scrolls less than before. I think you will like it when you see where the trailer button is getting moved to.

I compared the photos before and after the update.

Before the update, I just wanted to say that small buttons look good on the screen of the cell phone.

I won't bother you anymore. It may be my personal opinion, so I'll try to adapt.

Since I am not an English-speaking country, I don't know if the intention was conveyed well, but thank you for your feedback every time.

before copy.jpg

GrimReaper
22 minutes ago, intel329 said:

It may be my personal opinion

Nope, it ain't only you, that redesign didn't sit well with me either (to say the least), which is an odd occurence, as I usually do like where the Devs go with updates and design choices implemented. 

Old design would look even better with Play button present in the buttons row and increased padding, hence utilizing full width of the screen. 

Those full width buttons look almost ridiculous on large size screen, with literal WTF effect - and not in a positive way. 

However, it has obviously warmed up to majority of the users as it looks like it's here to stay, so not much to do but bite it down, hoping I will swallow it at some point. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Spacing has been tightened so it actually scrolls less than before.

Not quite clear how does it scroll less while at the same time offering less information onscreen: Director row has been dumped, even less synopsis is shown (whereas you could expand it on old design and read more on the same sceen estate), those round buttons look like an afterthought, attached like an appendix, an unwated child - at least make them rectangular. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Agree 1

Just now, GrimReaper said:

Not quite clear how does it scroll less while at the same time offering less information onscreen: Director row has been dumped, font has been increased so even  less synopsis is shown (whereas you could expand it on old design and read moremore on the same sceen estate), those round buttons look like an afterthought, attached like an appendix, an unwated child - at least make them rectangular. 

Because a significant amount of vertical spacing has been reduced, more than enough to offset the size of the play button.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Because a significant amount of vertical spacing has been reduced, more than enough to offset the size of the play button.

And you couldn't tighten it vertically on the old design, therefore making it even more convenient? 

2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

And you couldn't tighten it vertically on the old design, therefore making it even more convenient? 

The old design had it's share of issues that needed to be solved. But like I said, once you see where the trailer button is going, that's going to eliminate another row.

GrimReaper
Just now, Luke said:

The old design had it's share of issues that needed to be solved. But like I said, once you see where the trailer button is going, that's going to eliminate another row.

Could we, in that case, have those Play and Play all halved and put in a single row, to at least make it look like something concise, cause Full width button-Row of text-Full width button-Round buttons really doesn't seem so. And that's an understatement. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Could we, in that case, have those Play and Play all halved and put in a single row, to at least make it look like something concise, cause Full width button-Row of text-Full width button-Round buttons really doesn't seem so. And that's an understatement. 

We could just put play all into the 3-dot menu.

I would like to be able to indicate resume position and have that text be next to the play button, which is something that the old design did not do. Resume position meaning not only single item level but also the episode if it is a series.

GrimReaper
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

We could just put play all into the 3-dot menu.

Personally, I have absolutely no issue with that, quite the contrary. But I'm fairly certain that as soon as that is done, someone will come banging "Where's the Play All button??? Bring it back!!!" On the other hand, moving it there is literally one extra touch away, so it ain't like it cannot be lived with. 

You just can't please us all. Sometimes you trade form for function, sometimes you trade function for form. It's all relative. 

Or maybe I'm just riled-up because I so don't like it how it currently looks. And that hasn't improved since I saw it the first time. 

rodainas

I think the buttons need to have more consistency too, between the movie  and tvshow view, and full width (horizontal length) is overkill.

Just my opinion.

FA06472A-5797-4CE1-99D7-0E487662DEF7.png

4EF5CDFC-F6DD-40FD-A420-72A7C6FDB92E.png

4AE71471-CB25-4F88-8570-4A6C3D8340C1.png

Edited by rodainas
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
adrianwi

... and now a different style Trailer button (that I couldn't even see until it was pointed out)!