Library Icons not Updating/Blank

christracey
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

christracey

Hi,

I upgraded my DSM to version 7, and upgraded emby to the latest version also. I didn't follow the instructions on this forum, so I had to rebuild everything.

Now, everything is working EXCEPT the library icons are not picking up images from my library. Artwork for everything else is updating perfectly, I just can't figure this out. I've tried scanning loads of times, refreshing metadata loads of times - both with and without replacing images - restarting the emby service, rebooting the NAS...

EDIT: I should add that I did all this over a month ago - I've read on here that the icon building can take some time, but over a month?

Any ideas? Log attached.

Cheers

image.png.bf283ea954a148afdac3cac15d2d307b.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by christracey

• Solution
Happy2Play

Don't think it is related but you need to apply the inotify patch as both libraries show this.

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

Real time monitoring seems broken - Page 9 - Emby Server - Emby Community

christracey

Hi, I actually did that about an hour ago when trying to solve this issue! I even rebooted afterwards.

Are there any library settings pertaining to metadata readers that could be the cause? I have most if not all of them turned off as I manage my own metadata and artwork manually.

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, christracey said:

Are there any library settings pertaining to metadata readers that could be the cause? I have most if not all of them turned off as I manage my own metadata and artwork manually.

It shouldn't, I have all image fetchers in all libraries disabled and still get auto-created Library icons (which are occasionally auro-refreshed).

As a workaround, you might go with some icon pack from Fan Art & Videos forum section, some really nice images there. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/70-fan-art-videos/