user created but non visible

weyb

quickmic
1 hour ago, weyb said:

Hello

thank you very much for trying to help me !

I don't understand what "hosted web app" is ...

Is it the emby server web page on my pc ? if yes, it's http://<@IP>:8096/web/index.html#!/startup/login.html?serverId=<serverId>, it shows me my 3 users, "manual connection" and "password forgotten"

regards

I think, but still not absolutely clear to me what's the problem.

You use emby connect. In this case you have NO user selection. The emby connect user is assigned on Emby server to ONE user.

If you select manual connect, you can choose every user you want.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
On 2/20/2022 at 11:12 AM, weyb said:

Hello

thank you very much for trying to help me !

I don't understand what "hosted web app" is ...

Is it the emby server web page on my pc ? if yes, it's http://<@IP>:8096/web/index.html#!/startup/login.html?serverId=<serverId>, it shows me my 3 users, "manual connection" and "password forgotten"

regards

Just asking, did you solve the issue or is there still a problem?

Hi,

as I hadn't configure my profile with email notifications (shame on me  - I did it now), I didn't know when there were replies here, so I just saw your last replies right now...

so, now that you said that with emby connect i can't choose an other user, what should i do in order to be able to choose the user to connect to kodi please ?

(how to uninstall emby connect if i need to ?)

(remember, i'd like to be able to change my connected user in kodi, so i can see the cartoons instead og the movies...)

regards

Edited by weyb

quickmic
4 hours ago, weyb said:

Hi,

as I hadn't configure my profile with email notifications (shame on me  - I did it now), I didn't know when there were replies here, so I just saw your last replies right now...

so, now that you said that with emby connect i can't choose an other user, what should i do in order to be able to choose the user to connect to kodi please ?

(how to uninstall emby connect if i need to ?)

(remember, i'd like to be able to change my connected user in kodi, so i can see the cartoons instead og the movies...)

regards

What you try is changing the Emby user depending who is watching. That's imo the wrong approach for your use case.

I assume what you need are Kodi user profiles.

e.g. create two KODI users. One for kids, other one for parents (password support for profiles is also given by Kodi)

Each Kodi profile can be configured independently (this includes next-gen plugin configs).

In Kodi kids profile, assign/connect in next-gen plugin the corresponding Emby kids user.

Same for parents users.

Now you can select between both (Kodi profiles) and next-gen plugin is working completely independent.

The way how to connect to Emby server (for each profile) can be whatever you want. As mentioned, emby-connect supports only one (Emby) user profile, you shouldn't go for it.

Hello quickmic !

thats' exactly what i'd like to !

so now, could you please tell me how to do it please ?

- "emby-connect supports only one (Emby) user profile, you shouldn't go for it" --> do i have to uninstall it ? how ? because I tried to change in Kodi the connection method from "emby connect" to "manual" and it didn't work 😞

- "In Kodi kids profile, assign/connect in next-gen plugin the corresponding Emby kids user" --> what is "next-gen plugin" ? "next-gen" is the name of a specific kodi plugin i have to install ?

Regards

quickmic
14 minutes ago, weyb said:

Hello quickmic !

thats' exactly what i'd like to !

so now, could you please tell me how to do it please ?

- "emby-connect supports only one (Emby) user profile, you shouldn't go for it" --> do i have to uninstall it ? how ? because I tried to change in Kodi the connection method from "emby connect" to "manual" and it didn't work 😞

- "In Kodi kids profile, assign/connect in next-gen plugin the corresponding Emby kids user" --> what is "next-gen plugin" ? "next-gen" is the name of a specific kodi plugin i have to install ?

Regards

Do you access Emby server via Lan or internet?

Hello !

Thank you very much for your video-tutorial ! I

The only little problem (maybe not, we'll see that), is that I don't have "emby for kodi next-gen" but "emby for kodi", so the "sync" tab in my plug-in doesn't look like yours, & i can't choose the libraries like you, so I am near the wished result, but I think that this result is not completely perfect 🙂

I'll try to "video-record" my TV screen & describe every step here

regards

quickmic
2 hours ago, weyb said:

I don't have "emby for kodi next-gen" but "emby for kodi", so the "sync" tab in my plug-in doesn't look like yours

You are running 4.x version (quite old). You should upgrade to 6.x (currently in Emby Kodi's beta repo). If you do so, UNINSTALL 4.x before installing 6.x.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
17 minutes ago, weyb said:

I don't feel at ease with beta versions

which is the latest stable one please ?

Actually it's already tagged as stable, but not in stable repo yet. Will be done in next 2 weeks.

But you can also use 5.x in stable repo.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
47 minutes ago, weyb said:

Hi !

will I loose all my configuration ?

yes, probably test it on a PC first. And if you reconfigure, probably upgrade to Kodi 19

Edited by quickmic

hmmm... I tried kodi 19 when it was released & i had MANY problems so I won't upgrade

how to test it on a PC ? i have to install kodi on the PC 1st ? hmmm... i don't know when i'll have time to do that...

install kodi means configure it after...

but it's an idea !

Regards

Hello,

I installed kodi 18.9 on my PC, installed "Emby for Kodi next gen" 5.3.2 (not 7.0.0 like you - and if i click on "update" i have "there are currently no updates for this add-on") from repository, & I'm following now your video tutorial, but I have some questions :

- what do you do between 1'07 and 1'17 please ? i don't see your mouse pointer so i guess you enable the add-on and... ???

- at 1'52 i still don't have "manage librairies" in "sync" menu 😞

Anyway, I went on, choosing "All" when asked for librairies to add (but not at the same time as you).

I chose Bruno (admin emby user) for kodi Master user, and kids for kids.

When connected as Master user, everything is ok in Kodi (it's like before all of this, when using Emby Connect)

When connected as kids, all the cartoon series (example : Looney Tunes) & the movies are gathered in "Movies" in Kodi and there's nothing in "TV Shows" 😞

--> it's exactly the same on my TV Shield, AND when I click on "Movies", Kodi crashes 😞 (not on my PC)

regards

Edited by weyb

quickmic

7.x is not public available yet, 6.x. in beta repo

1'07 and 1'17, yes enabled the plugin.

in 5.x. "manage librairies" is in the "plugin run" menu

in emby-next-gen add-on, under "configure", I have Emby for kodi, sync, playback, interface, dynamic libraries & advanced menus, not "plugin run" 😞

quickmic

Please use 6.x then you can follow the video instructions 1:1

Otherwise, please get familiar with Kodi and the plugin options.

Hi,

I'll close this post as the solution has been given (but will open an other withan other subject)

Thank you for your help !

regards

• Like 1