user created but non visible

weyb

Hello,

connected with my  principal user to emby server, I created a 2nd user ("kids") with the GUI. I can see it, I could declare the libraries it will access ("cartoons"), and when I connect to Emby server with this "kids" user, it's ok, i see the cartoons' posters.

But when I go to Kodi, i don't see this user, & when i click on "ON/OFF" on the upper left on the screen to change the connected user, i can only "quit"

I have the 18.9 kodi version, and the 4.1.21 by angelblue05 emby version in kodi

???

thank you very much in advance for your help !

Hi, the user might be hidden from login screens via user permissions, so i would check that in emby server. But even with that, you can always manually enter the username and password.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

yes, on emby server i can log in manually, but i was speaking about the v18.9 kodi interface where i can only log with my admin user (there is no choice)

regards

quickmic
19 hours ago, weyb said:

hi,

yes, on emby server i can log in manually, but i was speaking about the v18.9 kodi interface where i can only log with my admin user (there is no choice)

regards

There should be a option to show hidden users in the emby-for-kodi plugin options.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I modifyied this option but it's still the same, there's no other user available in kodi when i click on the button to quit kodi

🤨

regards

quickmic

Just checking, cause this is a common mistake. When the users selection box is visible, I assume you have 3 users in the grid, right? Have you tried go even further in the user selection box? -> browse even more to the right side? It's a scrolling box.

Hi,

i don't understand WHERE are/is the "users selection box"...

on Emby server or on Kodi - or on Emby-for-Kodi plugin ?

I created only 2 users in Emby server :

- weyb (which is admin)

- kids (which is not),

...hoping that I could choose one of these in kodi (but I don't have any choice in Kodi...)

regards

quickmic
2 minutes ago, weyb said:

Hi,

i don't understand WHERE are/is the "users selection box"...

on Emby server or on Kodi - or on Emby-for-Kodi plugin ?

I created only 2 users in Emby server :

- weyb (which is admin)

- kids (which is not),

...hoping that I could choose one of these in kodi (but I don't have any choice in Kodi...)

regards

On Kodi, but if you have only two it's not relevant.

quickmic
Just now, weyb said:

it's the "kids" "profil" configuration

I'll setup a similar test account on my server to check, thanks.

quickmic

Works fine on my test system. Have you set a password for the kids account?

And what about the "device access" setting? Is it set to "all"?

Also what about the option "Hide this user from login screens when connected remotely", "Hide this user from login screens on the local network" and "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into"

Are you using Kodi user profiles?

Edited by quickmic

Hi !

here below my answers :

- no password for "kids" (i checked : i could log without entering nya pwd)

- ? i don't see where this setting is 🤨 in french i have smthg like "allow the remote control of shared devices" on the "profile" page (which is not checked), and smthg like "allow access from all devices" on the "access" page (which is checked)

- all 3 "hide" options are not checked

- i don't know if i use kodi user profiles (i don't think so), as i connected on kodi once, a long time ago, with the "emby..." window asking my password

regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hello !

I tried something :

- i uninstalled emby for kodi, choosing to erase all parameters stored, & installed it again

- i tried to log with Emby Connect (as it is proposed automatically) but i couldn't, it says that either my login or my pwd is incorrect - but i'm sure to type the right ones 😞

- so i wanted to check & log to http://app.emby.media on my PC (with other credentials), but i got the same message 😞

--> i think the fact that my credentials are all incorrect is very strange !

I tried also to get my previous Emby Connect password clicking on "forgotten password" many hours ago, but I never received an email

so i tried to create a new account, but i didn't receive the confirmation email 😞

and now i can't log on this forum from my default browser, because i can only have the page "please confirm your email", i've got to use an other browser... 😞

there must be smthg...

could someone help me please ?

regards

Edited by weyb

quickmic
6 minutes ago, weyb said:

Hello !

I tried something :

- i uninstalled emby for kodi, choosing to erase all parameters stored, & installed it again

- i tried to log with Emby Connect (as it is proposed automatically) but i couldn't, it says that either my login or my pwd is incorrect - but i'm sure to type the right ones 😞

- so i wanted to check & log to http://app.emby.media on my PC (with other credentials), but i got the same message 😞

I tried also to get my previous Emby Connect password clicking on "forgotten password" many hours ago, but I never received an email

so i tried to create a new account, but i didn't receive the confirmation email 😞

and now i can't log on this forum from my default browser, because i can only have the page "please confirm your email", i've got to use an other browser... 😞

there must be smthg...

regards

Have you tried with a manual host as well or is just Emby connect not working?

I remember that the Emby server auto-discovery didn't find any Emby server, I had to type all manually 😞

my Kodi @IP is 192....1.20, on the same local network as my NAS, which is ...1.11

after that... I don't remember (i tried so many things this afternoon)... & now my TV is not available anymore as my wife is watching TV 😞 

EDIT :

as my TV was "free", i tried again to type manually the emby server in the Emby server auto-discovery window

--> this time, it found my "diskstation" NAS name, it asked me to select the server, and then I had to choose between my 2 users !!!

so i logged with the main user - the password was accepted !

and now it is syncing !!!

i don't know what happened this afternoon...

i'll wait the end of the sync & will see if i can change the user without quitting kodi - which is the purpose of this thread since the beginning...

regards !!!

Edited by weyb
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm coming back 4 months later

The Emby Connect pb is over, but the "main" problem where I can't change my user in Kodi 18.9 (the purpose of this post) is always the same , & my wife begins to get nervous about it...

I created a 3rd user, a "normal" one which is "Luke", just in case i had done smthg wrong the "kids" one

... and i still can't log in Kodi with it

I looked at the Emby parameters, the connection method was "Emby Connect", I changed it to "manually" & selected my admin user and...

...nothing changed...

I don't have the very 1st window quickmic is showing in his video 😞

can someone help me please ?

regards

On 11/7/2021 at 12:48 PM, weyb said:

Hello !

I tried something :

there must be smthg...

regards

Most likely you're confusing the two login methods, meaning, you're trying to use your local server credentials on the Emby Connect login screen, or vice versa, you're trying to use your Emby Connect credentials on the local server login screen.

So having said that, what login screen are you using with the hosted web app? What does it say at the top of the page?

Hello

thank you very much for trying to help me !

I don't understand what "hosted web app" is ...

Is it the emby server web page on my pc ? if yes, it's http://<@IP>:8096/web/index.html#!/startup/login.html?serverId=<serverId>, it shows me my 3 users, "manual connection" and "password forgotten"

regards