Samsung Smart TV - UA55F6400

eliwap

Hi
I just installed and am really pleased with Emby Server. The android app is cool, DLNA works on the LG TV and Yamaha receiver brilliantly. However on our Samsung Smart TV, model UA55F6400, the dlna server is detected, but no files are displayed. I have looked other efforts to create custom profiles, but they do not seem to work with the Samsung. I hope that somebody can help me to get this working

I have included a log file in this post.

The device detects my

embyserver.txt

rbjtech

Hi - Is there any reason you are not using the native Emby Samsung application from the Samsung App store - as this will give you a much better overall experience.

It's not available in all countries - so this may be the reason .. ;)  If it's not in the app store, then you can sideload via USB - but this only unfortunately needs to be refreshed one a month.

Have a look in the Samsung forum area for details.

I was not able to get it from the app store. I got it by loging in with the "develop" account.

I tried it. And there are 3 main reasons. At least this is the case with the app that synced with my TV.

1. I was not able to control subtitles on videos

2. When I tried to display my music I was presented with an onscreen keyboard rather then my music.

3. When I finally did drill down to an album, the titles were all jumbled rather then sorted by track number and there was no way that I could see to sort them.

And regarding..... having to use a "floppy" to install software is so 90's that I really think (humbly) that its terribly inconvenient.

Edited by eliwap

gillmacca01

Was this from the app store or the USB one? The USB one is more up-to-date than the app store version.

I really am not going to install via usb. I'm not being snarky, but its just inconvenient usb access is in the back. This is 2021 I shouldn't have to do that any more.

Boy am I spoiled rotten with my 1st world problems. XD

I'm editing this to inform. I just discovered why the app is not functioning as well as one would hope. Its an old one that is not being developed any more....

The TV is so old, that its not even listed at:

https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/specifications/tv-model-groups.html

So the app really isn't much of an option for me.

Edited by eliwap

Besides that DLNA should just work.... I'm aware of previous posts, that summarize, "yeah it should just work, but, companies gotta do what companies have got to do to make themselves special"

What really would make them special is if they would just follow the standards, but.... they don't go figure.

Ok yes dlna does just work for the majority, haven't we are aware of open issues with very old models such as 2012 and earlier.

Thanks for the update..... From reading previous posts, the issues have been open for some time.

Is there any timeline to a fix?

Is there something I can do to help make this happen?

rbjtech

Oh wow - and F series TV - sorry, I didn't see that .. 

In that case - may I humbly recommend an HDMI 'stick' - fire TV, google TV, Roku etc - take your pick.   On a 10 year old TV, you really are not going to get that much support anymore and will probably save yourself a world of pain for the sake of $30 ..

Thank you for your suggestion :)

I just discovered minidlna. It works a treat. VLC picks it up, my LG TV picks it up, my Yamaha Receiver picks it up. My F series Samsung picks it up. And it was painless. Very very cool.

Edited by eliwap
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
FrostByte

Just saw this so a little late.  F series TVs are 2013 models which is pre Tizen.  The Orsay builds are not available for USB download and Samsung is no longer accepting app updates for Orsay anyhow.  So best bet if the community app isn't doing the trick is DLNA or an external box if you want to use an actual Emby app.