Photo support

Redshirt

Redshirt

Is photo support working? I has a look in both .196 and .207. Both show the root folder, but none of the nested folders or items. Interestingly enough the RAL still shows images but they can't be "played".

Redshirt

It's a new DB as this server hasn't had my photo library before. They are working if I browse using the web dashboard. 

The classic log has numerous. 

2014-09-04 04:43:38.1459,Error,,Error trying to create instance of type: PhotoAlbum ( Exception.  Type=System.ArgumentNullException Msg=Value cannot be null. [n] Parameter name: key Src=mscorlib Method=FindEntry Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Persistance.MB3ApiRepository.InstantiateItem(String itemType,, BaseItemDto mb3Item) ),39,Worker thread for Overview Loader
2014-09-04 04:43:38.1469,Warning,,Ignoring invalid item PhotoAlbum.  Would not instantiate in current environment.,39,Worker thread for Overview Loader
2014-09-04 04:43:38.1469,Error,,Error trying to create instance of type: PhotoAlbum ( Exception.  Type=System.ArgumentNullException Msg=Value cannot be null. [n] Parameter name: key Src=mscorlib Method=FindEntry Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Persistance.MB3ApiRepository.InstantiateItem(String itemType,, BaseItemDto mb3Item) ),39,Worker thread for Overview Loader
2014-09-04 04:43:38.1469,Warning,,Ignoring invalid item PhotoAlbum.  Would not instantiate in current environment.,39,Worker thread for Overview Loader

I went through the folders and noticed 2 had a recorded video in them as well as the images. I pulled out the video and re-ran the scan library task. Didn't help.

Edited by Redshirt

when you do that i would also make sure to have a catch-all based on the IsFolder property.

also i'd like to get a beta out this weekend so i'll have to remove the photo album class for now. but developers can still work against it in dev.

Yes, it appears what happened here was the way folders of photos are resolved has changed.  Before they were just folders and MBC knew how to deal with them just fine.

But, with the addition of this new entity of "PhotoAlbum" MBC does not know how to resolve it.  There is actually a fair amount of logic in there to try and react to things like this gracefully and determine the proper MBC type to use but that name throws even that logic off.

So, the net of it is photo support (beyond a truly flat structure) in MBC will be broken with this next server release until I can get another update to MBC out.

when you do that i would also make sure to have a catch-all based on the IsFolder property.

Yeah, I already did that.  But you've also removed backdrops from the photo objects so playback in MBC is broken until I get that re-worked as well.