Live TV Random pauses on Shield in Seek Mode

upsidedowntruth
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

upsidedowntruth

I just installed Emby again last night and I am trying live TV with 2 HDHomeRuns one is a Quattro and the other is a Prime.  Channels tune in, but slow in seek mode.  I also notice random audio drops and pauses.  I am using a Shield as a player an a WD PR2100 for the server using quick sync.  Any ideas how to get better performance?

• 4 weeks later...
upsidedowntruth

Sorry for the late response..  I reinstalled using the beta and doing some more testing and haven’t noticed it again.. not seeing the audio drops anymore.  Still slow loading a channel however..  

• Solution
8 hours ago, upsidedowntruth said:

Still slow loading a channel however..  

If you select the option to direct play live TV tuning will be MUCH faster and then you can switch to seek mode when you need to.

upsidedowntruth

Thanks, I tried that and it is much faster..  Just curious why an iPhone can tune so fast and still use seek mode without switching?  

32 minutes ago, upsidedowntruth said:

Just curious why an iPhone can tune so fast and still use seek mode without switching? 

It is using a different player with a different buffering mechanism.  A cost of that is your seek/pause buffer is much less.

• Agree 1