Some movies cannot be played when using webdav in direct mode

wxg1015
Go to solution Solved by wxg1015,

quickmic

btw:

Is your server really a webdav server? I got the impression, it's a FTP. But in this case, your path substitution on Emby server is wrong.

Edited by quickmic

4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw:

Is your server really a webdav server? I got the impression, it's a FTP. But in this case, your path substitution on Emby server is wrong.

IMG_20211027_230144.jpg

quickmic
1 minute ago, wxg1015 said:

IMG_20211027_230144.jpg

ok, but Kodi cannot access (extracted) bluray webdav share.

As my video shows, not working.

34 minutes ago, quickmic said:

您发布的是 FTP 而不是 webdav。所有文件共享都可以使用,但 webdav 有所不同。

It shows that ftp is a problem with this software, it is actually webdav. Don't care.

IMG_20211027_231138.jpg

quickmic

The question is, can you add your (webdav) source as a FTP source in Kodi?

If yes, probably you can use it to access the data without Emby's path substitution at all.

I assume on Emby server the (native) path is "/movie". If you can add an FTP network drive mapped ON KODI also to "/movie" all the problems should be solved and you can completely remove the path substitution on Emby server.

19 minutes ago, quickmic said:

ok, but Kodi cannot access (extracted) bluray webdav share.

As my video shows, not working.

It can be played normally before scraping, and it seems that an error will be reported after scraping.  it's wired

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

问题是,您可以将您的 (webdav) 源添加为 Kodi 中的 FTP 源吗?

如果是,您可能可以使用它来访问数据,而无需使用 Emby 的路径替换。

我假设在 Emby 服务器上(本机)路径是“/movie”。如果您可以将映射到 KODI 的 FTP 网络驱动器也添加到“/movie”,则所有问题都应该解决,您可以完全删除 Emby 服务器上的路径替换。

I know this method, but please watch the video, I may find the problem, although I don't know the specific problem.

• Like 1

Just now, quickmic said:

好的,我会在没有刮板的情况下进行测试...

1 minute ago, quickmic said:

好的,我会在没有刮板的情况下进行测试...

I chose to read the local nfo, which can be played normally before reading, but it seems that something went wrong after reading.

quickmic
1 minute ago, wxg1015 said:

I chose to read the local nfo, which can be played normally before reading, but it seems that something went wrong after reading.

I'll check, btw remove the video if you are using the same password. We can see the typing...

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
10 minutes ago, wxg1015 said:

Is the video you played EXTRACTED bluray?

Without scraper, I can only browse through the bluray folder and can manually select the index.bdmv with the same result. Not playable.

If it's an iso, different story.

30 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Without scraper, I can only browse through the bluray folder and can manually select the index.bdmv with the same result. Not playable.

Yes, you can try long pressing the bdmv folder

18 hours ago, quickmic said:

Have you found the cause of the problem?

9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

不,我从来没有在没有插件的情况下单独使用 Kodi 玩过它。

I think I found something. In these two videos, the same movie (hellboy) cannot be played by webdav, but nfs can. The other movie (i see you) can be played both webdav and nfs.
So it seems that webdav is more picky?

18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, and I never manged to play it with Kodi alone, without the plugin.

It seems that it is really a problem with kodi. Kodi's webdav cannot play some special bdmv movies.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:25 AM, quickmic said:

This is not a problem of the plugin. That's "normal" in your use case. What you see (including the password) is indeed the "filename". This is what emby server reports as filepath and is quite understandable. I don't wanna bother you with technical details, anyway.

The only option is using the addon mode. Technically, I see no reason why it should not work. Please test again in addon mode, I'll also check.

It seems that some mkv files cannot be played.  Maybe your method is flawed?

Caused some errors when replacing spaces?

This movie can't be played with nfs.  According to my judgment, it seems to be caused by the replacement of Chinese with strange things.

IMG_20211029_222738.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-29-22-27-17-97_846b44643ec609f507828878741e1f9a.jpg

14 hours ago, wxg1015 said:

This movie can't be played with nfs.  According to my judgment, it seems to be caused by the replacement of Chinese with strange things.

IMG_20211029_222738.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-29-22-27-17-97_846b44643ec609f507828878741e1f9a.jpg

Sorry, the second picture is wrong. The following is the actual nfs path of this unplayable video

nfs://192.168.0.10/volume1/movie/外星人保罗(加长版).2011.中英字幕£CMCT暮雨潇潇/[外星人保罗(加长版)].Paul.Extended.2011.BluRay.720p.x264.AC3-CMCT.mkv