scan media library failed - every time.

jonas.hansson@live.se

LordRunningClam

Thanks again!

Looking back again, I realized I moved the Friday the 13th films out of a subfolder (only two of the films appeared in the scan) and deleted the folder - moving all the Friday the 13th films to the main folder level with al, the other films. 

I will build a new directory and just not delete files for now.

In the meantime, I hope the known issue can be fixed.

This is already better support than I had with Plex. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

As Luke mentioned above this is a defect they are looking into.  But not entirely sure why Emby thinks media "Friday the 13th" for example needed removed from the database.

My current understanding is you would have to build a new database, but with this issue it is bound to happen again.  Unless Luke or Cayars knows how to fix the current database.

Right now we only see this issue on Android platforms.  It doesn't happen on any other platform that we know of.

I've got a strong clue what is likely the cause (others on the Internet with similar issues only on Android, from my research) and have shared what I found with Luke.  He immediately knew what I was referring to and told me he has found the same and is planning on changing a few things to hopefully fix this and make improvements that benefit other OS platforms as well.

So this is something Luke is aware of and working on.

I could be wrong (correct me if you know different), but I think this only shows it's ugly head when removing data from the database such as when deleting content directly through the UI or removing files from the file system and the library scanning picks this up. It triggers referential integrity issues due to this Android sqlite flaw/anomaly.

While not ideal, the only work-around I can think of until Luke gets us a new release published for testing, is to rename the library.db (back up watched status first) and let Emby Server rebuild the data.  Then avoid removing/deleting any media from the system.  This would be helpful in determining if this is the only cause of this problem (deleted media).

With the Backup Configuration Plugin all user watched states are saved.  So after rebuilding the new library.db you can restore just your user watched states.

PS: I'm more than happy to take a look at anyone's library.db that is currently getting an error thrown in their logs running on Android. I can check the status of the database as well as foreign key restraints to make sure it's not a database issue.  If you have a sizable database but have removed specific media that trips up your server (shown in logs)  I can probably remove the problematic entries manually from the database to let you keep using it.  I'm happy to try to do this for you but no guarantees, so keep a backup of your library.db.

So feel free to PM any Android database along with a copy of your server log showing a problem.

That's the best I've got for now on this but happy to help any way I can.

Carlo

Edited by cayars

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, LordRunningClam said:

Thanks - I will look at fixing the corrupt database shortly.

Yes remember your userdata for all users is in that database also so you will want to rename it if you do not use the Server Configuration Backup plugin.  As you should be able to export the userdatas table from old db to new db.

LordRunningClam

I hate to sound ignorant, but where are the db files stored in the Nvidia Shield, and how do I access them?

All of my media files are stored on a 5tb USB hard drive. When I want to add media I eject the drive, plug it in to my MacBook and do all the work there. I looked through all the files on the USB drive and I don’t see the files I need to remove to rebuild the database. My Plex database files are there because I set the external drive as the path, but I don’t see how/if that can be done on Emby.

If the database files are on the Shield itself, how do I work with those files?

Or, is there an easy way to just start from scratch with the Emby server? I only switched over from Plex two weeks ago. 

Finally, do you have a link that I could read to learn how to set up and use the Configuration Backup plugin?

Again, sorry about all the questions - just want you to know you have already been superb with your support!

Thanks.

jriker1

I am having this issue as well and posted separately before seeing this, however I am running Emby Server on Windows but using NVidia Shield for one of my players.  When I delete a file it deletes from the hard drive but gives a Volley error and the reference to it in the Shield doesn't go away.

Also if I open the web client and try to manually run a library scan it stops immediately.  

Edited by jriker1

On 10/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, jriker1 said:

I am having this issue as well and posted separately before seeing this, however I am running Emby Server on Windows but using NVidia Shield for one of my players.  When I delete a file it deletes from the hard drive but gives a Volley error and the reference to it in the Shield doesn't go away.

Also if I open the web client and try to manually run a library scan it stops immediately.  

We would need to see a log from when this happened to understand the cause.  Do you have the log for this, or can you reproduce and supply us with the server log?

On 10/21/2021 at 7:19 PM, LordRunningClam said:

I hate to sound ignorant, but where are the db files stored in the Nvidia Shield, and how do I access them?

All of my media files are stored on a 5tb USB hard drive. When I want to add media I eject the drive, plug it in to my MacBook and do all the work there. I looked through all the files on the USB drive and I don’t see the files I need to remove to rebuild the database. My Plex database files are there because I set the external drive as the path, but I don’t see how/if that can be done on Emby.

If the database files are on the Shield itself, how do I work with those files?

Or, is there an easy way to just start from scratch with the Emby server? I only switched over from Plex two weeks ago. 

Finally, do you have a link that I could read to learn how to set up and use the Configuration Backup plugin?

Again, sorry about all the questions - just want you to know you have already been superb with your support!

Thanks.

To find where Emby is installed open the current Emby log files (log menu in web admin) and the location to Emby will be there. All database files are in the data folder.

You may wish to google how to access your Shield TV file system from a PC or MAC. This would allow you to work from the computer vs the Shield TV itself.  It would also allow you to copy new movies over to the attached USB3 drive without having to do the sneaker.net file copy routine. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 4:49 PM, LordRunningClam said:

I thought I was the only guy old enough to use sneaker.net!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Like the way I got the "." in there? :)

4 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

What is the current status regarding troubleshooting?

A fix for this is coming soon. I've been testing this and it's working quite well.
There is one other issue needing to be resolved I believe for the release to go out (I could be wrong on this).

Teddyknuddel
14 hours ago, cayars said:

Like the way I got the "." in there? :)

A fix for this is coming soon. I've been testing this and it's working quite well.
There is one other issue needing to be resolved I believe for the release to go out (I could be wrong on this).

Schön und gut - aber das Problem mit der Bibliothek ist echt gravierend stark und sollte möglichst bald behoben werden. Finde es blöd, die gesamte Bibliotheken neu einzulesen, wenn ich im Filesystem was verschiebe oder lösche.