Unable to remove Live TV channels

FredFrin
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Hi,

Running Emby server 4.6.4.0 in docker container.

I'm exploring Live TV options with a view to playing content defined in m3u files and integrating TV channels from my Enigma2 box.

Comment#1: In live TV setup, HDHomerun it was necessary to append the port (':6083') before this would work (not mentioned in https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848794-hdhomerun-setup). It would be nice if all ports involved could be mentioned, as these may need to be exposed in the docker config where people are running containerised emby-servers.

Comment#2: Using chrome or chromium browsers (on Linux)  playback did not work for me (black screen after load spinner), but worked with Firefox.

After creating some m3u entries and a HDHomerun entry I have a large number of channels from various attempts - some working some not, so I want to clean up.

There appears to be no way to remove individual channels, so I started removing the Live TV sources. With ALL sources removed,  there are no channels listed in the server settings -> Live TV -> Channels (as expected), however they are still present in:

- the emby app -> Live TV !!

- server settings ->  Metadata Manager -> Live TV

How can these entries / cache be cleared ?  Server restert did not help. Maybe it is possible to remove from server data in the filesystem?

Any tips or tricks appreciated,

FF

Hi, A guide refresh should remove channels that are no longer being loaded.  You need to wait for the refresh to finish.

You can remove individual channels in the Live TV/DVR Setup menu with the Channels menu (or tab).
Remove the green checkbox for the channel and it will no longer be used.

Edited by cayars

I had already tried the Guide refresh - I'm not seeing this affect channels. But I did not have a Guide Data source set up. Maybe this is the prob?

Trying to set one up: 

Server settings: Live TV -> Setup -> Guide Data Sources: + ->  Country: UK, Guide Source: Emby Guide Data -> Next -> Entered a postcode, Lineup Options selector has no options.

With no TV sources and no Guides:

LiveTV#1.png

LiveTV-Channels.png

LiveTV-AppChannels.png

• Solution

Do you have any live tv plugins installed?
If so they will still import until you remove the plugin.

Good call! I did have several Live TV plugins installed as I was exploring ... having removed them & restarted emby-server all channels are gone!

Excellent, thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
embyfan47

Hello, 

i had the same problem i uninstalled all tv plugins and restart the server but the tv channels are not gone.

i use emby on docker (version 4.6.7.0) and i have emby premiere.

3 hours ago, embyfan47 said:

Hello, 

i had the same problem i uninstalled all tv plugins and restart the server but the tv channels are not gone.

i use emby on docker (version 4.6.7.0) and i have emby premiere.

Hi there, what plugins are installed?

• Like 1

embyfan47

I have this plugins installed:

- Bluray Folder Support

- Cinema Intros

- Dlna

- Dvd Folder Support

- MovieDb

- MusicBrainz

- Nfo Metadata

- OMDb