Can the auto generated Image collages be customized by a plugin?

roaku

I've gotten an itch lately to tweak the presentation of the image collages that are auto generated in certain circumstances.

I see in some of the older public code that the IImageEncoder interface was/is key, but it doesn't seem to be exposed for plugins in the way that IImageEnhancer is.

It looks like *maybe* IDynamicImageProvider could conceivably be for something like collages but I don't know...

@Luke@ebrIs it possible for a plugin to override the collage generation implementation?

Hi,  you can create an IImageEnhancer to process the generated image. Or you can create your own image provider to provide your own image altogether. But there is no hook for the internals of the dynamic image generation if that's what you're asking.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi,  you can create an IImageEnhancer to process the generated image. Or you can create your own image provider to provide your own image altogether. But there is no hook for the internals of the dynamic image generation if that's what you're asking.

I think that is what I'm asking.

What I'd like to do is take the set of images that will make up the collage and arrange them differently than Emby would, bypassing that default look.

That's too bad. It would be a fun plugin.