Continue watching should not include trailers

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

I have the trailers turned on, (its just too cool not to), but if I skip one in the middle. A trailer should not be listed as a "continue watching" movie or TV show

HawkXP71
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, that's right, it shouldn't. Can you please show us an example? Thanks.

of course, the moment I decide to report, now I cant duplicate it.

HawkXP71
32 minutes ago, ebr said:

Was it some sort of really long trailer perhaps?  Something over 5 minutes?

Possibly.. It was an automated trailer, but it wasnt just a single one.  Next time I see it, Ill try top duplicate it.

Was any work done between the DSM 6 and DSM7 versions of emby towards this type of issue?  (That did change on my server in the last couple of days)

• 1 month later...
HawkXP71

So its back @Luke  What do you need from me?

I have attached two images, the first is the home page, showing "black sea" as the first "continue watching" the second is after I clicked on the thumbnail to show the movie info, which has a length of 2 minutes, and is the trailer.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 13.36.48.png

Screenshot 2021-10-28 13.37.03.png

I think I have an idea of what's causing this. I've put it on my list for review. I would just mark it as played for now to remove the watch progress.

Happy2Play

But that is showing your actual media is 2 minute.  So I would ask what the content of the folder is.  There is no trailer button either.

Edited by Happy2Play

HawkXP71
14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But that is showing your actual media is 2 minute.  So I would ask what the content of the folder is.  There is no trailer button either.

Yes, but I dont have this movie. It was a added as a trailer.

HawkXP71
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea is that your own trailer library, or is that from the Trailers plugin?

I have a trailer library but not that I added.  There was a checkbox somewhere that I turned on :)  All the trailers were automated.

Happy2Play

Either way it shouldn't not appear at all unless you have adjusted Resume as it does not meet the threshold.

image.png.c647cff3809bf6aedd12783bb1575842.png

HawkXP71
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Either way it shouldn't not appear at all unless you have adjusted Resume as it does not meet the threshold.

image.png.c647cff3809bf6aedd12783bb1575842.png

I have not modified them

Screenshot 2021-10-28 14.12.18.png

Happy2Play

So technically without knowing folder content Emby is treating a Trailer as a Movie (do to not having media) and Resume settings are not being honored in your situation.

But I would assume this would be resolved if your media was treated as a trailer instead of a Movie.

• Like 1

HawkXP71
Just now, Luke said:

So you actually have a library in Emby library setup called Trailers? What folder is added to it?

Yes... I forget which checkbox I clicked :) but some setting created it.  If you look at the first image I posted, its listed in the "My Media" without a thumbnail

This is what it looks like when it is clicked on

680416385_Screenshot2021-10-2814_43_54.thumb.png.5e67c2b1d0f055a9ec1220325c91fb68.png

Happy2Play

Okay the trailer plugin Archive, as I was wondering were this 2014 trailer was coming from but I do not have that enabled.

But I can say I can not reproduce this behavior though, unless there is something specific to Cinema Intros, but have not notice this in any trailer I have tested.

• Like 1

HawkXP71
14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Okay the trailer plugin Archive, as I was wondering were this 2014 trailer was coming from but I do not have that enabled.

But I can say I can not reproduce this behavior though, unless there is something specific to Cinema Intros, but have not notice this in any trailer I have tested.

let me know what I can do to help diagnose this on my side.  I can do a screen share if needed

Could you try removing the channel plugin, restarting the server, then running the refresh internet channels scheduled task to flush out the database, and then restarting the server and adding the trailer channel again? Thanks.

HawkXP71

I removed the trailers plugin as well as the cinema intros plugin.
Restarted server
But I dont see the "refresh internet channles" task in the schedule tasks section.

Any ideas?