Subtitle position with new update

hare89

Hi , with the latest update 1.1.03 on my 55q65r (2019 Model) subtitles are shown higher on the video part of the screen and not anymore on the black bars, dunno if you did on purpose maybe...

Could you please add option to change position of subtitles vertically or atleast lower it little bit like on middle of the bottom  black bar like samsung native player makes it...

I understand your question, and I often prefer this myself, although I know others had issues with the subs being too low as it takes their focus away from the main image, so this is really an issue of user preference.

This release has a change which standardises subtitle handling with other Emby clients and means features such as customisable opacity, background color, etc works the same for all apps, which is why you have seen a change.

@Luke, is there likely to be an option available in the future to push the subtitles down lower for users that prefer it?

• Like 1

FrostByte

I'm one of those who likes them higher for that reason and currently it's right at the bottom of the image for most movies which is perfect to limit eye movement on a large screen.  Another benefit is that there's less blooming which all LCD TVs have when displaying text on a black background.

However, other apps have something on the OSD where you can change the height which is nice.

On a side note now that things are more consistent with other apps I may go back to using ass subtitles again to do some additional formatting myself.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

I know that this is user preference thing,but  i think in every version subs were shown in very bottom of black bar and now we suddenly have them baked on picture, could we have it in middle like samsung native player i think its ideal position...

Hi,

I update emby to new version  1.1.03, and now have problem. Model is ks7000 if I have external subtitle then emby show them maximum up on screen, if this subtitle is in mkv file then emby show them corect bottom on screen. Before update emby show all subtitle bottom on screen.

Have more then 10 TB files, 99% of them have external srt file

Sorry for my english i hope you understand my problem.

1 hour ago, lord22 said:

Hi,

I update emby to new version  1.1.03, and now have problem. Model is ks7000 if I have external subtitle then emby show them maximum up on screen, if this subtitle is in mkv file then emby show them corect bottom on screen. Before update emby show all subtitle bottom on screen.

Have more then 10 TB files, 99% of them have external srt file

Sorry for my english i hope you understand my problem.

Hi there, can you please show an example? Thanks.

Video have 2 subtitles english is in mkv file and croatian is external

and what you add background for subtitle that is awesome tnx

IMG_20210921_114939.jpg

IMG_20210921_115023.jpg

IMG_20210921_115111.jpg

• Like 1

No, before  update all my external subtitles show correctly now i test several  all show up on screen,

if I putt external subtitle in mkv then show them correctly .

Edited by lord22

2 hours ago, lord22 said:

No, before  update all my external subtitles show correctly now i test several  all show up on screen,

if I putt external subtitle in mkv then show them correctly .

Did you check the contents of the srt to see if it has position values?

To be 100% sure I made one srt delite all in content only leave 5 line from begining and its show in top on screen again.
Before 1.1.03. all subtitle work fine, now with this update is top on screen that is big problem
and nobody writes no way that only I have this problem.
Edited by lord22

FrostByte

Using lord22 subtitle file which I downloaded it's not displaying at the top like his first picture, but in the correct position toward the bottom like his second picture.  Maybe a difference in year models

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I putt srt in mkv file and start watch some tv show I notice that emby not shows right what write in srt file (look pictures),

i test some other thing i watch the same tv show with external srt, emby show them correctly but still on top screen 🙁

11.jpg

1.jpg

22.jpg

2.jpg

1 hour ago, hare89 said:

Hey @Luke are there any plans for adding maybe option to adjust height of subs ??

What do you mean by height? Have you checked out the font size option?

FrostByte

ATV has this option on the OSD because every movie can have a different picture resolution and personal preferences of where it should lay.  It only works with text based subs of course.  Zero is the default, positive numbers moves it up and negative numbers move it down from the default location

position.png.c589827bb0b430d666fb4dedfbee1b9d.png