Deleting from library

nickysilver

nickysilver

Ok, I've tortured poor you guys the last few days. But if I can get this I will leave it alone and never touch anything again (I swear!) I'm a computer idiot.

My server is on my Nvidia Shield. I manage it from my MacBook.

In my TV library there was a TV show it couldn't match. NO matter what I did! (imbued #, TVdb #, title, year.) Believe it or not, it was I LOVE LUCY (which I find helps with insomnia-- don't judge me!). So I tried renaming the files (only redid 2 seasons as a test. Removed the other seasons) . Scanned the library and, yes it found I Love Lucy. It assigned it 313 episodes, but still wouldn't fetch the meta data. And when it did that, it created 3 other TV shows in my library! (Never heard of them.)(There are only 25 series in my library. Mostly I focus on movies.)  So, at this point, I thought delete the whole library, remove I Love Lucy and redo the library from scratch.  I selected ther library and hit "remove." It's  still there. (I'm sort of relieved. All the other shows are fine.)  I keep trying to scan the library and there is no change in the app (either on my MacBook or on the shield.) I am stuck with these dead tv shows that I can't seem to get rid of.

I know it's very bad form to mention PLEX, which I left-- but in "that other program" you would scan the library, then empty the trash and the shows would be gone from your app. I realize there is no "empty trash" option here. How can I get rid of them?

(One thing I'm beginning to suspect is that nothing changes until all scans are complete? That's different as changes take effect, as they happen in "the other program.") Because I Love Lucy finally just disappeared (For no reason I can figure), but the other two are still hanging out there. 

I swear I'll  shut up if I can get rid of them!

nickysilver

SOMEHOW I DID IT! I edited the metadata... adding a z to the front of the "sort title." And they vanished!

It's a miracle!

(Now I'm only worried that "remove library" will eventually take effect. But I added the library once before, so I can figure out how to add it back, if I have to.)

nickysilver

And now most of the art work is gone. I don't think I'm sophisticated enough for emby. It's back to Plex.  (Plex is slower, fewer features, but emby has me utterly frustrated and feeling like a fool.)

@nickysilver As Luke suggested, why don't we do a remote session and let us try to help you with a few of the issues you are having.
We can work on the issues together and I'll show you how to resolve them. This way you see exactly how to configure or do the things you're struggling with.

Send me a PM and we can arrange this.

• 1 month later...