Emby Android TV software decoding Dolby audio instead of passthrough

aiHemel

Hi,

My Emby server version is 4.6.4 and it used to pass-through Dolby audio to my Logitech Z906 system instead of doing software decoding. But now Emby is doing the Software audio decoding itself. The Logitech Z906 supports both Dolby and DTS but Emby SPDIF pass-though audio is not sending the codes to the speaker anymore.

FYI: SPDIF/TOSLINK passthough audio is working just fine for Netflix and the Dolby/DTS gets decoded by the Logitech speaker.

Hi.  The issue is the Optical connection.  Do you have an option for HDMI?

In the playback settings for the app, what options appear there for audio?

@ebr I dont have HDMI input option for my Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system. So I only rely on passthrough Optical connection and Dolby/DTS codec gets decoded by the speaker system. Netflix works just fine and Emby used to work fine for the Dolby only but not DTS passthrough. I am running Emby Premiere but what is the benefit if I can not utilize Emby fully !
I am expecting your help guys so that my passthough audio works fine(eg. Netflix)!

In the playback settings for the app I can not see any option for audio. Can you please tell me if you are looking for any particular option/settings ?

Edited by aiHemel

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Can DTS even be passed through on optical? I didn't think that was possible.

Yes, plain 5.1 DTS can.

• Agree 1