Resume video in Progress not functioning

tampoon

libreElec on pi2/3 version 9.2.8    also do have a pi4 on the 10 beta and i believe the issue repros on that as well

nextgen beta (whatever the beta release was) as well as current public test build 49 ex9 (and other builds)

server beta 4.10.11

issue started back about 2 months ago. i lost my release version server. rebuilt it as a beta server. then rebuilt all my clients and changed over to next gen on all of them. on the release versions of the server and addon it would allow me to go into the addon find a library such as i have a formula one lib that's setup as home videos. i was able to start playback from there then stop and resume from the stop point. now i can start the video go a ways in stop it. i can see kodi change the icon from un-played to in progress. then when i resume it i get the popup confirming i want to continue it however it just starts from the beginning again. 

i was unable to find in next gen were to enable the logging. i may need those instructions if logs end up being needed. 

thanks for the help

i guess im missing something. to get the logs im going to settings>addons>myaddons>VideoAddons>emby-next-gen>config>advanced there is no option in here to turn on the logging, i also dont see it under any other button either. 

quickmic
5 hours ago, tampoon said:

i guess im missing something. to get the logs im going to settings>addons>myaddons>VideoAddons>emby-next-gen>config>advanced there is no option in here to turn on the logging, i also dont see it under any other button either. 

This "special logging" option doesn't exist in next gen. It uses the regular Kodi log options.

Just send me the kodi.log, should be fine.

You mentioned, the playback resume function is not working. Kodi is in charge of that unless you play: Transconding, Non-Synced content, enabled cinemamode, remote control Kodi etc.

For "regular" content, Kodi handles resumepositions.

Edited by quickmic

ok ill gather and post the logs here shortly. thanks for the clarification. 

and for further clarity on my client setup and this issue

I believe my issue falls into the non-synced category of what you mentioned. the synced content is working correctly which are my standard tv shows and movie libraries, resume as expected. the ones i have the issue with are these folders I'm using to watch races and hockey. these I have to navigate to the addon to play 

quickmic
3 minutes ago, tampoon said:

ok ill gather and post the logs here shortly. thanks for the clarification. 

and for further clarity on my client setup and this issue

I believe my issue falls into the non-synced category of what you mentioned. the synced content is working correctly which are my standard tv shows and movie libraries, resume as expected. the ones i have the issue with are these folders I'm using to watch races and hockey. these I have to navigate to the addon to play 

That makes sense, I'll check. So actually Kodi doesn't offer a resume at this point, right? -> no Kodi popup msg?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Just now, tampoon said:

it does pop up. the selection of the resume point just always starts from the beginning .

ok, will check it. No need for a log at the moment.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, tampoon said:

it does pop up. the selection of the resume point just always starts from the beginning .

btw, which version are you using?

libreElec on pi2/3 version 9.2.8    also do have a pi4 on the 10 beta and i believe the issue repros on that as well

nextgen  test build 49 ex9 (and other builds)

server beta 4.10.11

• Thanks 1

quickmic
15 minutes ago, tampoon said:

nextgen  test build 49 ex9 (and other builds)

server beta 4.10.11

Ok, I found a problem for resuming not synced content BUT: The popup msg was not shown in my test. Are you sure it's about not synced content?

Edited by quickmic

ah awesome. yeah 100% im getting the popup. i took a picture if you want it. shows the path videos/embyNG/wec shows all the files in that lib and the bottom one i tested shows the half circle icon indicating in progress/resumable and a resume popup on the screen 

• Like 1

quickmic
11 minutes ago, tampoon said:

ah awesome. yeah 100% im getting the popup. i took a picture if you want it. shows the path videos/embyNG/wec shows all the files in that lib and the bottom one i tested shows the half circle icon indicating in progress/resumable and a resume popup on the screen 

I believe you that the popup appears, but are you sure it's for non synced content?

Anyway, will be fixed in next version. Let me know, if the issue remains.

• Thanks 1

yeah its not synced. these home vid folders didint even show up as an option to sync. 

as soon as i see the next build ill get it installed and let you know if its still an issue

thanks again for the help :)

quickmic

I've uploaded a new version, you can try it. DB resync required!

btw, partial (video, not photos) sync will be supported in next version....

Edited by quickmic