PlayOn Sale - Lifetime License and a Free Chromecast $69

BAS

Just thought I would let everyone know if you haven't jumped on this software yet its going for $69 right now for PlayOn and PlayLater lifetime license and you get a free Chromecast. You can also pay an additional $15 for the HD upgrade for both products. Pretty hard to beat that when they are throwing in a Chromecast.

Thanks for the PlayOn Plugin for Media Browser! @snazzy2000

http://www.playon.tv/store/buy/

Edited by BAS

That stinks man, I invested in this software a long time ago finally got back around to using it again now that I have a Roku in the mix.The fact that I can easily get access to this content on my old 360 extenders with the MB3 PlayOn plugin and Server/MBC Combo is just awesome and just adds a whole new level of stuff to watch without filling my hard drives and keeps us in the same interface we know and love. The tablet/phone remote options is just icing on the cake to browse this content and play it even quicker to your TV device.

Anyone else using PlayOn with Media Browser?

mini__me

Yup, unotelly with playon / playlater in the UK, I tend to "record" using playlater and MB3 auto organise though if I want to watch something straight off I'll use snazy2000's awesome channel plugin :)

im85288

I use unotelly in the uk with playon allows me to watch everything thats free to watch

That is a smartdns thing, I thought you were referring to a plugin :) Using it with Amazon Prime Instant in UK with no problems...

overplay for me with PL Pass from NZ...every match live with english commentery :D

Me too! Did you go monthly or annual?

im85288

Went for the Annual, used it all last season too and it's service was the best I've used. It's improved this year too :)

• Like 1

I was a bit worried to pay for the year in case I got it stopped. Did you use a spoof nz address??

You need unodns first (free trials available) then premierleaguepass (new Zealand) there were free week trials for that too... Pricing is on both sites

• Like 1

Tried out the PlayON and I am very disapointed and you have to read between the lines and not assume you get TV just because you see the TV logos.

On a Roku I can't see what it offers that is worthwhile. I already have all the channels that PlayON offers, with the exception of plain vanilla Hulu, which I can get on my PC and get directly to it via WMC. The TV part was the attraction but all they offer is clips that have been recorded. I am searching for a live TV solution, having a HDHomerun tuner from Silicondust on the network.

So I am glad there was a money back guarantee since I already have a Chromcast device this deal is of no use to me.

Now to the Football BPL watch all the games live using the website "http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=football" which lists the links of origin. Start AceStream player and get the BPL in HD quality.

I can't say im disappointed at all, but wasn't really looking for replacement live tv but just more free content without filling my hard drives. It gives my kids & wife infinite access to more content. They love plain free hulu access from their mobile devices, Roku's or 360's and the amount of scripts and channels is massive especially if you look into community built ones.

PlayOn Official Channel Store and PlayOn Community Channels

I'd say the two most beneficial ones I have read about and used from the community ones are Project - Free TV and onechannel

@@One2Go the wiziwig streams have been dreadful this year.

I need vpn for torrents so unodns at £3per month is great, and for a tenner a month guaranteed good quality football streams is better than faffing about missing half the match with acestream or sopcast dropping out!!!!!!

• Like 1

im85288

@@One2Go the wiziwig streams have been dreadful this year.

I need vpn for torrents so unodns at £3per month is great, and for a tenner a month guaranteed good quality football streams is better than faffing about missing half the match with acestream or sopcast dropping out!!!!!!

Agreed, though as a toon fan maybe missing half the match or more may be of some benefit lol!

• Like 1

The connections from the US to Delvey, Bloodzed & others for me using ACEStream have been nothing but excellent. Log on about 15 to 20 minutes before the game to get enough connections and yes I get the occasional buffering but never more then a few seconds. It is possible that your upload speed has something to do with this. I have Fiber Optics 50 MB/.s up and down and no complaints wiziwig. The Flash format is horrible and the only reason I looked into the PlayON solution is because of NBC Sports which carries the EPL in the US but sadly just rubbish US commentators.

The free stuff is of no interest to me, as all my other TV needs are provided by either Usenet or P2P sites like BTN and that includes all the BBC stuff or season 5 of Downton Abbey. As a matter of fact the P2P solution is excellent since someone else does the screening and I can quickly decide if I like it or not. In addition didn't see that 720p it the max output resolution. On my 120" PJ screen it makes a difference thus I prefer 1080i or 1080p.

The Chromecast deal is OK if you didn't get one when it first came out. Cost me $10 when it was released since it had free 3 month Netflix subscription that was added to my existing subscription.

EPL is a must but no SD then I rather wait and get the game in HD from either Usenet or P2P. If Arsenal looses no interest in the game :(  if they win definitely a download :D

Edited by One2Go
  • Like 1

Well requested a refund today as this is nothing exciting for me. Already have a Chromecast, will never use PlayLater and the PlayON is just either clips of web content or existing content that have their own channels.

As far as football & wiziwig is concerned, I watched the England / Switzerland game today with ACEStream. Unfortunately no English language channel was available but that was also a good thing as the French language channel only had once a buffering issue. Looks to me like that the difficulties with the wiziwig website might be related to the individual sites broadcasting the games.