Changing Samsung Store Country on TV?

HarryMuscle

HarryMuscle

Has anyone ever attempted to change the Samsung store country associated with their TV in order to get access to the Emby app directly through the store instead of having to sideload it every 30 days?  Any sources of information on how to go about doing this (if it's even possible)?

Thanks

Harry

HarryMuscle
5 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Yes, I changed it.

Depends on the model but this one covers various models, should help you.

Switching Regions: Samsung TV (E, F, J, K H & HU Series) – StrongVPN

Thanks for the link, unfortunately it looks like its for older (possibly non Tizen) TVs.  I have an R series TV which is quite a few years newer than the models mentioned in that article.  Can I ask which series TV you tried this on?

rodainas
9 minutes ago, HarryMuscle said:

Thanks for the link, unfortunately it looks like its for older (possibly non Tizen) TVs.  I have an R series TV which is quite a few years newer than the models mentioned in that article.  Can I ask which series TV you tried this on?

Two different Tizen models.

UN65MU6103

UN55NU7090

The code that worked for me was from the second group on that site.

Edited by rodainas

HarryMuscle
3 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Two different Tizen models.

UN65MU6103

UN55NU7090

The code that worked for me was from the second group on that site.

Thanks for the info.  One last question for you.  Do you need to use VPN along with changing the region or was changing the region enough to access another countries Samsung store?

rodainas
Just now, HarryMuscle said:

Thanks for the info.  One last question for you.  Do you need to use VPN along with changing the region or was changing the region enough to access another countries Samsung store?

No VPN needed, you just change the region and you get access to all the apps for that region.

rodainas

Forgot to add if the app per se is geo-restricted, then you need a vpn. But for downloading apps on the store that doesn't require vpn.

HarryMuscle
Just now, rodainas said:

Forgot to add if the app per se is geo-restricted, then you need a vpn. But for downloading apps on the store that doesn't require vpn.

This would be for getting access to Emby directly through the store.  I assume Emby isn't geo-restricted in any way ... cause that would be a strange thing to do :)

FrostByte

No, Emby isn't, but you may use other apps which are.  For instance if you change your location to US then all your apps are now US so something like Amazon may not work because you're using an US app with a non US IP.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Also, I had a pinned post with steps for newer Tizen TVs.  I unpinned it though when the USB method was made available.  It's still there though

• Like 1

HarryMuscle
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Also, I had a pinned post with steps for newer Tizen TVs.  I unpinned it though when the USB method was made available.  It's still there though

Any chance you have a link?  Or even just the thread title.  I tried searching but didn't come up with anything like what you mention.

rodainas
39 minutes ago, HarryMuscle said:

This would be for getting access to Emby directly through the store.  I assume Emby isn't geo-restricted in any way ... cause that would be a strange thing to do :)

Yes, I only use emby on those tv, and some netflix (not georestricted), and no other georestricted app, so changing region is the perfect fix for someone in a similar situation.

• Like 1

FrostByte
3 minutes ago, HarryMuscle said:

Any chance you have a link?  Or even just the thread title.  I tried searching but didn't come up with anything like what you mention.

What year is your Tizen?  I'll see if I can find it, hopefully I didn't hide it

HarryMuscle
6 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

What year is your Tizen?  I'll see if I can find it, hopefully I didn't hide it

It's a 2019 model.  RU8000.

FrostByte

I can't find it so I may have hidden or deleted it:

However, I just did it on my 2018 and think the 2019 is the same

• Go to Settings.

• Click ‘General’ and select ‘Start Setup’. 
  • Click ‘Reset’ - This will restore ALL factory settings on your Samsung TV. 
  • Answer all questions as normal (Internet, channels, etc.)
  • Once you reach the ‘Terms and Conditions’ page, enter the following sequence on your remote:
    • mute -> volume up -> channel up -> mute
  • You can now change your Samsung TV Tizen OS region to any country you like. 
    • Alternatively, you may have the option to choose ‘Full Apps’ which should give you access to all Tizen streaming channels and applications,
Edited by FrostByte

HarryMuscle
31 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I can't find it so I may have hidden or deleted it:

However, I just did it on my 2018 and think the 2019 is the same

• Go to Settings.

• Click ‘General’ and select ‘Start Setup’. 
  • Click ‘Reset’ - This will restore ALL factory settings on your Samsung TV. 
  • Answer all questions as normal (Internet, channels, etc.)
  • Once you reach the ‘Terms and Conditions’ page, enter the following sequence on your remote:
    • mute -> volume up -> channel up -> mute
  • You can now change your Samsung TV Tizen OS region to any country you like. 
    • Alternatively, you may have the option to choose ‘Full Apps’ which should give you access to all Tizen streaming channels and applications,

Awesome.  Thanks.

Painkiller8818

Just a question to this, if i change my country to get emby in the store. Normally all of my other apps should work like always (netflix, disney+ etc)

We are talking about geoIP restrictions but i am still connecting from an IP of my country.

So if it is really the IP, this should change nothing right?

thanks

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Just a question to this, if i change my country to get emby in the store. Normally all of my other apps should work like always (netflix, disney+ etc)

We are talking about geoIP restrictions but i am still connecting from an IP of my country.

So if it is really the IP, this should change nothing right?

thanks

If it does, just use VPN:

On 9/14/2021 at 7:02 PM, rodainas said:

• Like 1

FrostByte

As GM mentioned a VPN would be the solution, but I think you'll find most apps won't have a problem.  I've only heard of one so far and for the life of me I can't remember which one that was now. 

You could also try "Full" for the apps region if you prefer that to the US, UK, or Ireland.  I've never used the "full" region, but it says it gives you full access to all channels and apps.

The whole process is fairly quick so you can change it right back if you wish.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:55 AM, HarryMuscle said:

It's a 2019 model.  RU8000.

I have this model and changed my region from Aust to UK a month or so ago. The continual usb update drove me nuts, so glad not to worry now.

• Like 1