What Prevents The Emby App From Being Available In Other Countries

HarryMuscle

HarryMuscle

According to the documentation the Emby app is only available via the Samsung store in the USA, UK, and Ireland.  What prevents this app from being added to other countries?  I would love to go with Emby over Plex for my new home theater solution, however, it not being available in the Samsung store in my country is preventing me (side loading it every 30 days isn't an option for me unfortunately).  Is there something that can be done to have this app added to the country I live in?  Is it a matter of man power?  I'd love to volunteer to help make that happen.  Is it development issues?  I've contributed to various open source projects in the past and could help.  Just trying to get a better understanding of what exactly is preventing this from being available in more countries.

Thanks,

Harry

Edited by HarryMuscle

HarryMuscle
12 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

A contract with Samsung and a whole lot of money 😀

According to the info on the Samsung Apps TV Seller Office site, once you have an account you have access to all regions.  Since Emby is available in several countries already that would mean there's an account (contract) in place already.  Or do you guys have some other type of setup with Samsung?

As for the money, does Samsung change per region?  Is it a one time fee?  How much is it?  Would you guys accept donations?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get to the root issue to see if fans can do anything to improve the availability of the app in the various store regions.

FrostByte

I don't have the answers to all those and Luke may not want to answer them.  I'm just repeating what information he's shared with everyone in the past and that he's still working with them to get it in all countries.

On 9/15/2021 at 12:53 PM, Luke said:

Hi, please see our comments in this topic:

Thanks.

What's the rationale behind this when Plex App is available in all the Samsung store?

49 minutes ago, OM2K21 said:

What's the rationale behind this when Plex App is available in all the Samsung store?

I believe similar questions have been answered in that topic. We're doing the best we can given the cards dealt to us. Thanks.