Some problems of video container in version 3.1.96 ~ 3.2.11

SmileFlower

SmileFlower

When I watch the video of rmvb container, it will appear that I can't use the control buttons to control fast forward and fast backward. Clicking fast forward will directly adjust to the end of the video, and fast backward will jump to the beginning of the video

This is my video sample:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wd1t0htNWGkqGvqPM5EdGXqnMcqGB37Z?usp=sharing

When I use mkvtoolnix GUI to convert RMVB container to MKV, all this will be normal

The following is the video I recorded

Edited by SoralShiro

SmileFlower

It seems that the compatibility of rmvb containers is not very good, but most old movies are such containers. If they are all converted to MKV, it will take a lot of time.

SmileFlower

The RMVB container sometimes clicks on the previous video and the next video to cause an abnormal exit problem,Due to the randomness of this problem, I can't record the relevant video.

Another problem is that the MP4 container cannot read Chinese subtitles. The following is the sample video I provided

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wd1t0htNWGkqGvqPM5EdGXqnMcqGB37Z?usp=sharing

QQ截图20210914165940.png

Edited by SoralShiro

RMVB is kind of a dead container these days.  It's been years since I last even heard/read RMVB. :)

You know what's coming next. :)
Your best bet would be to mass convert to mp4 or mkv and update the video codecs to either AVC or HEVC.  Maybe convert the audio tracks as well depending on what they are.

You might be able to use a tool such as FFmpeg Batch AV Converter.
FFmpeg Batch AV Converter download | SourceForge.net

If you have a GPU such as Nvidia or Quicksync that supports HEVC encoding you could use that to speed up the process.

• Like 1

SmileFlower
1 hour ago, cayars said:

RMVB is kind of a dead container these days.  It's been years since I last even heard/read RMVB. :)

You know what's coming next. :)
Your best bet would be to mass convert to mp4 or mkv and update the video codecs to either AVC or HEVC.  Maybe convert the audio tracks as well depending on what they are.

You might be able to use a tool such as FFmpeg Batch AV Converter.
FFmpeg Batch AV Converter download | SourceForge.net

If you have a GPU such as Nvidia or Quicksync that supports HEVC encoding you could use that to speed up the process.

Is there no way to solve the control problem?

SmileFlower
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

What happens when you use the seek bar?

Everything is normal, but the media in RMVB format use the fast forward and fast back button to jump the transfer exception, as in the video

• 3 weeks later...
SmileFlower
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you still having this issue with 3.2.14+?

Hello, at present, I use version 3.2.17, but when testing the video of rmvb container to play directly, there will be problems using the fast forward and fast backward control. 

This is a video sample

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wd1t0htNWGkqGvqPM5EdGXqnMcqGB37Z

This is the problem video I recorded

Edited by SmileFlower

SmileFlower
On 10/5/2021 at 11:40 PM, Luke said:

OK thanks for the update.

Hello, Luke, I tested version 3.2.19 today. There is still a problem with the video of rmvb container.

• Thanks 1