Samsung TV with DLNA not showing on "Play to..."

BFCF

Hello!

I have a Samsung Smart TV with DLNA capability connected to my network.

When i go to my devices on my Web Client, the TV won't appear on my devices. Is this a normal behavior?

Thank you!

I noticed this new behavior a few weeks ago where it goes missing frequently and i have to turn my tv off and back on for it to be detected.

No other devices have this issue and it never used to happen.

I noticed this new behavior a few weeks ago where it goes missing frequently and i have to turn my tv off and back on for it to be detected.

No other devices have this issue and it never used to happen.

I've tried that with no success. :(

CBers

I'm not sure, but I don't believe Samsung Smart TV's are PLAYTO devices, even though they can see DLNA servers.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe Samsung Smart TV's are PLAYTO devices, even though they can see DLNA servers.

Well, without me doing anything, it showing it now on my devices. I can now stream directly from Web Client to my TV.

But when i select the subtitle file on Remote Control of the Web Client, it says "Internal Server Error: 500". Any help?

• Like 1

What format are your subtitles?

.SRT files. Also happening with .SUB files, the ones embedded in video files.

EDIT: Also happening when selecting a chapter or when i try to use the play bar. Maybe it's a problem between server and the TV? And the sound plays very low, is this normal?

Edited by BFCF

CBers

Just played a movie to my Samsung TV via PlayTo from a resume point, but it started at the beginning, so I've now lost that resume point!

Happy2Play

What model is your TV? 

And the sound plays very low, is this normal?

Is the file being transcoded?  If so you could try changing "Audio boost when downmixing" to 1. Dashboard-Advanced-Transcoding

Internal Server Error: 500

Usually means a unplayable format in the profile.  I get this error with avi's with AC3.  I hade to remove avi/ac3 from the Samsung profile and get avi's to play, transcoded.

Do you have the same issue when using the dlna server vs play to?

What model is your TV? 

Is the file being transcoded?  If so you could try changing "Audio boost when downmixing" to 1. Dashboard-Advanced-Transcoding

Usually means a unplayable format in the profile.  I get this error with avi's with AC3.  I hade to remove avi/ac3 from the Samsung profile and get avi's to play, transcoded.

Do you have the same issue when using the dlna server vs play to?

Hello,

I can't say for sure what my TV model is. It's from 2011. I can tell you the model when i get home.

I'm not sure but i think the file is being played directly, without transconding. And if i use DLNA server (go from my TV and browse network until i reach Media Browser) i can't select the subtitles, the option on my TV is greyed out, so i can't test it. But i know that my TV is compatible with .SRT files since i can watch a movie from a USB drive with .SRT files without any issue.

• 4 weeks later...

On my problem the dlna server never has an issue, but it seems if i dont turn my tv off and back on regularly the playto starts generating this log over and over

2014-09-28 21:59:17.8595 Error - Dlna: Error sending Datagram to 127.0.0.1:1900 from 192.168.1.73:0: HTTP/1.1 200 OK. CACHE-CONTROL: max-age = 600. DATE: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 21:59:17 GMT. EXT: . LOCATION: http://192.168.1.73:8096/mediabrowser/dlna/629bf5c9f85ab74817ff97ff286d9f72/description.xml. SERVER: WIN32/6.1 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.5 MediaBrowser/3.0.5384.28510. ST: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1. USN: uuid:629bf5c9f85ab74817ff97ff286d9f72::urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1. .

The requested address is not valid in its context

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Ssdp.Datagram.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Send>b__0(IAsyncResult result)

A simple off and on fixes it and samsung shows up as a playto device, but i would be curious why this occurs.

Actually nevermind, that log is still showing up so its not a problem with playto and my samsung tv, i dont know what its refering to, it looks like its referring to media browser itself.

• 5 months later...
kpate77

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I bought a h7150 about a month ago and it showed in the "play to" for the first 3 weeks with no problems. But it has not shown for the last 5-6 days. I've obviously turned the TV on/off in those days, but that doesn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks!