"Playback finished" hangs

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

I'm having a "Playback finish" on a single user hanging regularly (and having same hanging in Active Devices) with no discernible pattern as to why. It happens on daily basis at various times throughout the day, I suppose I got tired seeing Activity log that looks the same over and over again, finished playback upon finished playback. 

Server log attached for today 01:12-03:38 (login-playback-logout) and Activity log screens for the last few days. 

Screenshot 2021-09-13 044428.png

Screenshot 2021-09-13 045633.png

Screenshot 2021-09-13 045735.png

Screenshot 2021-09-13 045906.png

embyserver.0112-0338.txt

GrimReaper
26 minutes ago, Luke said:

complete log file?

I sincerely doubt my satellite connection can take 17MB upload straight, will try it, though. 

If succedded, that will be complete log for 13/09, broken down in two for OP upload. 

Nah, no joy, tried three times, 15MB part can't get through. Although the first part covers 0000-0435, that should be enough. 

embyserver-63767104559.txt

Try removing these plugins:

Diagnostics PlugIn 4.6.0.31
	DiscordNotifications 1.1.1.3
	Playback Reporting 1.9.0.4
	PushBullet Notifications 3.1.4.0
	Statistics 2.0.20.0

Then restart the server and see how that compares.

GrimReaper
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Try removing these plugins:

Diagnostics PlugIn 4.6.0.31
	DiscordNotifications 1.1.1.3
	Playback Reporting 1.9.0.4
	PushBullet Notifications 3.1.4.0
	Statistics 2.0.20.0

Then restart the server and see how that compares.

Hm, I'm kinda reluctant to remove those, especially the Playback Reporting plugin, as (as mentioned above) due to my connection restoring them back would be extremely tedious and slow process, which breaks more often than not and turns it into a lottery. If it is really a MUST, will do, but considering it is occuring exclusively on a single user on a single client, I'm more inclined towards exploring other avenues, if possible. 

Edit: Would removing dlls from plugin subfolder suffice? 

Edit2: Removed dlls, server restarted, will monitor for re-occurences. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

Yes, just move the DLLs to a different folder with Emby Server shutdown so you can add them back as needed without having to download again.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Guessing here but it looks like something to do with the session going idle as this happens 15 time in this log..

2021-09-16 03:12:05.488 Info SessionManager: Session d0b3c07cfa4a4d0cf7cf545e19b567c5 has gone idle while playing

2021-09-16 03:12:05.488 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby Web 4.6.4.0 playing Chaos Walking. Stopped at 2620681 ms

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper

Yeah, as visible from Activity log screenshot, 03:12 was first stop, and as usual it goes on and on...

GrimReaper

Yeah, and only on that single user repeatedly. I have currently 9 more users: 5 chromes, 3 AndroidTVs and Safari - none exhibit same behaviour. 

GrimReaper

Carlo, at least you know what I do for a living and where I am currently and that my system is offline (unless my cache expires and I need to refresh license, upon which is offline again).

Notifiarr is external service that I know of and have configured API access/Webhook, but since no external connection - errors. 

Likewise for mb3admin, I would assume that is Premiere license check, again, since no external connection - errors. 

Following above, my user cannot check for either OS or Chrome updates as he is offline as well, until some unforseeable future, 2 months at least. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

Oh yea I remember your situation now, thanks for the reminder.

As an alternative since you have no Internet access does your buddy have Edge installed or some other browser he could use?
If not do you have access to his computer that you could check the console debug to see if any errors show locally?

Since you have no Internet access at present you might be better off removing any notification plugins that require Internet access as they are just going to throw errors.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

As an alternative since you have no Internet access does your buddy have Edge installed or some other browser he could use?

Have no idea, will check, though. Anyway, I do have Edge offline installer that we can test on. Although I still find it strange that it occurs on that single instance only, all other Chromes (and my Edge and my Firefox) present no such issues. 

4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Since you have no Internet access at present you might be better off removing any notification plugins that require Internet access as they are just going to throw errors.

Those errors really don't bug me, as really seldom there was a need to go through the logs for them to become hindrance. Anyway, both Discord and Pushbullet plugins (the only Notifications plugins that I had) have already been removed, I will remove Notifiarr Webhook, but doubt that'll make any difference, as if that was causing the issue - it would cause it on all sessions then? 

Yes it seems unlikely it would affect only one client but removing the webhook and not getting any errors will completely rule that out and just remove something that's not able to work anyway.

Try the Edge offline installer and let us know how you make out.