NextPVR plugin 3.7.4

emveepee

emveepee

To go with version 5.2 of NextPVR there is a new version of the addon

- channel tag support (called channel groups in NextPVR)

- reduced unnecessary calls to update recordings

- remove calls for radio list since Emby doesn't support radio.

- restrict SD EPG import to Emby licensed countries

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/sub3/NextPVR/utilities/downloads/LiveTV.Plugins.NextPVR-3.7.4.zip

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, emveepee said:

- restrict SD EPG import to Emby licensed countries

Martin what exactly is this one.  Just want a bit more clarity to understand for support reason moving forward.

Thanks

emveepee

Since Emby only licenses data for lineups with USA, GBR and CAN only that EPG data will be included in the import.  For other lineups a few characters from the guide are shown as placeholders.  This way SD is not competing with Gracenote for Emby's business.     For support if the user complains about missing data in the guide they need to check their lineup country.

Martin

9 hours ago, emveepee said:

To go with version 5.2 of NextPVR there is a new version of the addon

Thank you for updating the plugin.

The link leads to a 404 page and the file can’t be dloaded.

emveepee

I decided not to distribute the pdb file, since it hasn't ever reported anything I needed.  It shouldn't have the temp though, I guess my updated script was wrong and I will fix that but the SHA256 checksum will be the same if you are concerned  3C99E90053EFAAC6DEBFF1E92BD2916D4453EC43487E7BB6E069801B229119ED

To calculate In Windows

certutil -hashfile LiveTV.Plugins.NextPvr.dll SHA256

and in linux

sha256sum LiveTV.Plugins.NextPvr.dll

Martin

• Like 1

I see. Thanks. I’ll try it. I’ve already installed the latest nextpvr.

Had to install the Docker container again and for some reason the channels thumbnails are all messed up now on Emby (the channel mapping was not exactly the same I guess). For example, on Emby’s guide the thumbnail is for Discovery velocity but the guide is showing CBS info :)

Any idea on how to flush and force Emby to reload all channel thumbnails?

Thanks again :)

Edited by A32

12 hours ago, A32 said:

I see. Thanks. I’ll try it. I’ve already installed the latest nextpvr.

Had to install the Docker container again and for some reason the channels thumbnails are all messed up now on Emby (the channel mapping was not exactly the same I guess). For example, on Emby’s guide the thumbnail is for Discovery velocity but the guide is showing CBS info :)

Any idea on how to flush and force Emby to reload all channel thumbnails?

Thanks again :)

Try a guide refresh.  If that doesn't work try removing any tuners that are loaded and remove the NextPVR plug and then do a guide refresh which should remove all channels.

Then add back the plugin.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i try to use nextpvr backend & emby.

I have setting up nextpvr + schedule direct, and that seems good:  i have the epg and i can stream channels from nextpvr web page.

Under emby, i have installer the plugin 3.7.4, set necessary fields and, i can see under emby, tv channels. But i can't play any channels (traduction from french: no compatible flux). I think i have missed something hughes.

An other question: is it possible to get m3u URL & xml guide URL with nextpvr ?

regards

emveepee

You do need to tick the box that indicates that you have read about donating to NextPVR.  There is not xmltv export from NextPVR to much potential for abuse of the licensed SD guide data.

SVP, this is not a blog, so if this doesn't answer your question open a new topic with the Emby log and I can have a look.  I won't be answering any other questions in this thread.

Martin.

Edited by emveepee