Music library "Suggestions" view gone for good?

fc7
Go to solution Solved by fc7,

Hi there,

Long, long time since my last post, I've been away from Emby for a while so I'm sure I missed quite a few changes in the meantime.

Sorry if this is a sort of stupid question but after playing around with the web app (but also the iOS one and other clients) I found that when I select my Music library, I land directly in the "Folders" view instead of the "Suggestions" view as it happened past.

I'm not really sure when this behavior changed or why, but is there anything I can do to get back the "Suggestions" view and make it my default landing view again when selecting the Music library?

I found that there is now a "Favorites" option in the Home screen that shows the favorite albums and so on but I really miss the "Most frequently played" and a couple of other things the "Suggestions" view used to display for my Music library.

Thanks.

• Solution

Ok, I just figured it out myself but wanted to document the answer in case anyone else faces the same issue in the future.

It seems the problem was that for some (unknown to me) reason after one of the Emby server upgrades I did, all my libraries with a well defined content type (Music, Movies, etc)  switched their content type to "Mixed content".

After removing the Music library and adding it again with content type set to "Music", I got the "Suggestions" view again.

I'm now in the process of removing and adding again all my libraries, with the correct content type to prevent any other unexpected issues.

Hope this information is useful for someone in the future.

Thanks.