How clever are recordings?

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

as I'm just playing around with dvr the first time, I'm asking myself now how clever the recording system is.

If two people want to record the same thing, e.g. an nfl game, will emby record it twice? I guess it will be clever enough not doing it 🙂

but...

if two people want to record the same thing, but one of them changes recording time to +30 minutes because he takes care of potential overtime, what happens then?

Edited by horstepipe

rbjtech

Recordings don't have 'owners' - so if a user flags to have a show recorded,  then it will be flagged as already being recorded for a different user.   It won't be recorded twice.     I'm not 100% sure on manually overriding the overlap - I presume (if the time is available) the longest setting will be used.   

Give it a try and report back :)

horstepipe
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Recordings don't have 'owners' - so if a user flags to have a show recorded,  then it will be flagged as already being recorded for a different user.   It won't be recorded twice.     I'm not 100% sure on manually overriding the overlap - I presume (if the time is available) the longest setting will be used.   

Give it a try and report back :)

Yes will do as soon as I‘ll have time for it. Thanks!