Emby + Tablo Dual Lite

defalt

Hello. I purchased a Tablo Dual Lite for the purposes of streaming to Emby. I have setup the Tablo with an antenna, and the signal is strong in the Tablo app. 

Can someone please provide steps to connect Emby to Tablo? It seems to work if I select HDHomeRun as the source, and put in my ip address with no port, but then it fails to fetch any channels. I do have Emby Premiere.

Hi, as far as I know, Tablo is a closed system. Do they even allow their content to be used by other apps?

• Agree 1

Yes, this is the wrong device.

If you're intention is to use TV via Emby then you will want to return this device and instead get one of the HDHomeRun tuners such as a Quatro.

• 2 weeks later...
ghaugabrook

Hi, 

Just wanted to make a late comment. I use the Hauppauge wintv linked below. It's a usb device and it works great. It has a standard 7 day guide and you can choose to use its guide or the built in Emby guide. I know HDhomerun has some subscriptions, but not sure if they are required or if you can again use Emby's built in guide with just purchasing the HDhomerun unit.

Hauppauge | WinTV-dualHD Dual TV Tuner

• 2 weeks later...
mohoelx

If you like the Tablo, there is a companion app called Tablo Ripper. I run a copy on my Emby server to copy over the recordings from Tablo to Emby, using Emby as my user interface for watching. It is pretty simple to load and set up. Just another avenue to consider.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/tablo-ripper-automatically-download-new-recordings/2803

• Like 1