New library collections content type

Adam Pessach

Adam Pessach

In order to organize better existing files I really think that the option in the new library section is missing the collections content type

Adam Pessach

I find it as something necessary for myself as I like the way collections appear in the horizontal home screen tv mode, and would like to edit and organize my existing files in a better way. I just think that its quite basic to have the option in th e new library section. I just think this feature can really help in making my personal library better looking while creating something that resembles a collections library is far too complicated than simply having that option...

xxx.png.87948dff4f32aa2fd339997764ce0ab8.png 

Hi.  What would a "Collections" library type consist of?

We already create a Collections library automatically (if you have them) and we allow you to view your items grouped in collections.  What would this provide over that?

Thanks.

Adam Pessach

basically a "collections" type library would consist of different groups of movies or tv shows, but by having the option to choose it as a content type you can create these groups in a more manual way for each user's own preferences. I would like to have it for instance to create collections of tv shows and movies from the same streaming network for example netflix... or to group movies and tv shows in a specific genre.

GrimReaper

Lend your support here, "forever-almost-there" SmartCollections/SmartPlaylists is what you're actually after:

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

On 9/9/2021 at 4:58 AM, Adam Pessach said:

basically a "collections" type library would consist of different groups of movies or tv shows, but by having the option to choose it as a content type you can create these groups in a more manual way for each user's own preferences. I would like to have it for instance to create collections of tv shows and movies from the same streaming network for example netflix... or to group movies and tv shows in a specific genre.

But we already have genres and collections in a much more flexible way.  Using the file system like you are suggesting is very limiting.  For instance, an item could only exist in one collection or genre.  You can do what you want now with the existing features.  Or, if you want, you can setup a folder structure and browse by folder but I think that would be limiting as well.

Adam Pessach

I really like the way genres and collections are grouped right now I just find it limiting that only one collections folder is created automatically rather than having the option to create them freely and manually by my own preferences. I've asked about that option because creating collection is basically the best feature in organizing files simply from the web and since currently there are no options that work as well for me ...