Bug after playback finish breaks nav when view refreshes data

karlshea

karlshea

This has been an issue for me for quite some time, and this is the sequence I'm seeing:

1. Current view is TV > Suggestions (but I've seen it other places)
  2. Watch an item from this view
  3. Item finishes playing, hit Menu to return back to Suggestions view.
  4. Several seconds go by, then I'm assuming the item was marked as watched on the server and the server has sent a notification to the app to update its data source
  5. The Suggestions view flashes rapidly several times
  6. The top bar (Shows/Suggestions/Upcoming etc) is now non-functional. I've seen several different places this is broken but it seems the app has lost its context of where it is in the navigation hierarchy.
  7. Hit Menu to back out to the main screen, now re-entering TV > Suggestions (or elsewhere) is again functional.

karlshea

Selecting them doesn't do anything, you can't navigate anywhere except back to the main screen using the Menu button.

Actually here's an example that just happened today:

IMG_7116.jpeg.bba464b6abee6ac9dc36fd16e3ba5839.jpeg

I hit stop on Archer, then hit Menu to back out to the main screen, then went to Live TV and Guide. When the data refresh happened the guide disappeared and the Suggested TV tiles reappeared and trying to select anything in the top nav bar did nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 7:19 PM, karlshea said:

Actually here's an example that just happened today:

IMG_7116.jpeg.bba464b6abee6ac9dc36fd16e3ba5839.jpeg

I hit stop on Archer, then hit Menu to back out to the main screen, then went to Live TV and Guide. When the data refresh happened the guide disappeared and the Suggested TV tiles reappeared and trying to select anything in the top nav bar did nothing. 

Ok that's helpful info. We'll take a look at it. Thanks.