Dolby vision playback - bandwidth

hammellation

hammellation

I have a strange issue that when I play a Dolby Vision file it plays fine - however, if I stop it and come back later and resume it it completely saturates the 1Gbps network. Stats for nerds says it is playing at 24mpbs but Windows task manager shows around 900mbps and it constantly pauses. I tried the same playback from Plex and it works fine. Any ideas?

Hello hammellation,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

hammellation

Fully stopping. Tried restarting the app and server as well. So the server remembers my place and continues from there as expected, but constantly pauses as it would seem the bandwidth is all used up. Using Emby server on Windows on a wired connection streaming to a Shield Pro also on Ethernet. 

The best thing you can do right now is reproduce this and send us the logs requested in the link to how to report an issue given above.

Hi you have a lot of errors in the log that you can stop by turning off Network->Enable automatic port mapping.

You have errors in the like "Connection to https://fcm.googleapis.com/fcm/send timed out"
Not sure what you're trying to do with this.

Maybe you could fix those and then rerun the test and upload a new clean file.

You can go to scheduled tasks and rotate the log before playback.

Let us know the name of the media you are testing as well.

Happy2Play

Also looks like DLNA Playto is spamming your log, if you disable the DLNA features do you still have a issue?

Actually before disabling Dlna, i'd be curious to know what device that's coming from. Can you enable debug logging in the server Logs section, and then wait for that error message to show up again in the server log, and then attach it here? Thanks.

Is the media being played back on a local drive on your Emby Server?

Do you know how to use resource monitor in the network tab to pick a process (Emby Server) and then select the specific client (Android) to montitor?
Would like to see a graph of network usage playing back the dolby vision file.