Emby forgets my password every second day

mrdoowah

mrdoowah

I'm running Emby 4.6.3.0 on a QNAP NAS TS-251+. Several days ago I went to view a movie and I was asked to login and it claimed my password was wrong. I tried all sorts of things including resetting my password with no luck. Next day opened Emby on my iMac and iPad with no problem. Next day it didn't recognize me and shut me out. Fine the next day. I am perplexed by this and its odd internal schedule. Suggestions? Thanks.

Hi there, what happened when you tried to reset your password? What do you mean by "it didn't recognize me and shut me out" ? There is no internal schedule related to this.

Did you by any chance set a parental control Access Schedule on this user?
That's the only thing I can think of that could cause certain times of the day to reject a login.

Other than that I would change your local password in Emby Server and then re-login again on each device/app.

mrdoowah

Hi - I'm the admin, no one else uses it and no controls were set. At 10:30 am I tried a login and it did not recognize my password. I ejected the NAS, shut down the QNAP and my iMac for good measure. At 2pm I fired everything back up. I logged in and of the different password managers that I use, I believe that Keychain filled it in as always. It accepted the info and I was connected. I'll try this again tomorrow to see if there is a change, but I am perplexed. I can try re-installing Emby, but I have to hunt down some info on how to do that and the version I use (my QNAP NAS TS-251+ is not listed on the Emby update page). Thanks for your attention to this. 

Hi, try using the forgot password function to get back in. Then once you're in you can check the server activity viewer to see if there were any password change events other than your own.

When I login to Emby on the desktop or iPad and chose forgot password, I fill in my username, hit submit and nothing happens.I've tried different browsers - Chrome, Safari, Micrisoft Edge - no luck. Perplexed by that too.

There is no reponse. I hit submit and it just sits there.

I haven't updated because my QNAP NAS TS-251+ is not listed on downloads. If you let me know which download I do that and then figure out how to install (it's been a while). Thanks.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's an x64 model I think right?   So that's the package you'd use.

I would say yes.

The TS-251+/451+ is powered by a 64-bit Intel® Celeron® quad-core 2.0GHz processor

Ok - downloaded the software, found the icon to install manually and it failed. It told me to see the Sysemt Event log, which then informed me that I have over 100000 entries and that I should go to Advanced Search. It's set for the last 24 hours and I'm not really sure what I need to change. Even more perplexing.

Hi - sent a message earlier but it appears that the ether ate it. Went to Emby this morning, fired it up and it logged me in without hesitation. Curiouser and curiouser.

It has been fine for the past few days.

Thanks for the feedback. Please let us know if you run into it again.