"Error playing audio"

damichab

damichab

Setting up a Sony X1 TV with the Emby Android TV app...

I have an emby server on a server computer.  This Emby server has a Music library (called "Music") reading FLAC files from an artist/album/track configuration. Playing these FLAC files though Emby-Theatre on my normal computer I have no problems. But, however, playing the same files on the Android TV app, I can play all but the last two/threee seconds where I then see momentarily the message "Error playing audio". This is repeatable and happens for each and every file played. If I go into the playlist, I can forward to the next song which also plays up until the last couple of seconds and repeats with the error message.

I am currently rebuilding the Music library, but this has not had any effect.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

-Thanks in advance,

David.

824041099_Errorplayingaudio.jpg.60ea50c79bf406a9ca93286ac545b9c6.jpg

damichab

Hi Luke,

The files I am testing are at:

F:\Media\CD\Albums\David\Air Supply\The Essential

Once the scans have all finished, I will run the tests again so that you get a 'clean' log with only the problem contained within. In the meantime, here is the current Activity and log file. 

Each song stopped 2 seconds shy of finishing. "Play all" was selected for the album. I had to forward each song to play the next.

- David.

image.png.03b853c7e4273488db7c6d869b1c348a.png

embyserver.txt

You said you're rebuilding the library. Has the initial library scan completed? It looks like there's still a lot of library scanning activity occuring.

damichab

Scan is still running - it seems to be taking a while. Mind you, yesterday I did delete and re-create most of the Libraries to change the content type which were mostly "Mixed type" (I thought it might have fixed the problem).

Reading through the log file, is of course, all over the place. There are multiple System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException errors in the log that might be of interest to you as well. These seem to be more about image extraction. It would appear that the error message I get on the screen is not reported as an error in the log file - but that might just be me not knowing what the log file is reporting of course.

I will re-run the tests when scanning has stopped. Music is on 99%, up from 92% yesterday.

damichab

Well ok.. finally got access to the TV...

I stopped Emby service.

I put the logging into debug mode.

Started Emby.

Went to the tv and selected the test album.

Played  Air Supply\Greatest Hits\01 Love and Other Bruises (FLAC)

Song stopped 2 seconds before end of song.

Used remote to forward to next song: 02 Bring Out the Magic (FLAC)

Song stopped 2 seconds before end of song.

Saved log file.

If you need anything else, let me know.

image.png.2ec2337dbec05b3a9bada1a015418903.png

PXL_20210907_045915143.thumb.jpg.163b78d573d249d86d183d387f22ac2d.jpg

embyserver.txt

damichab
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you try side loading our standard Android app on the same device and see how that compares?

The option to send it to the TV is greyed out. Apparently it is not compatible ("This item is not compatible with your device").

12 hours ago, damichab said:

but cannot see how to send a log from the TV.

Hi.  The instructions for sending the log from the app are in the article I linked.  There is an option under your user menu at the top of the home page.

9 hours ago, damichab said:

The option to send it to the TV is greyed out. Apparently it is not compatible ("This item is not compatible with your device").

You can sideload the apk from our website.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:12 AM, damichab said:

I'll try this when I get a few spare minutes, give me a few days.

That would be very helpful. Thanks.

Hi Luke/ebr,

I cannot find where in the link it explains how to sideload the app to the TV.  No link attached explains how to do this. I can only get to the Google Play Store and the option for the TV is greyed out.

Also, I cannot see the option to send the log file from the TV. I have the emby server's "Enable debug logging" enabled, but that does not create any other option under my name in the TV emby app.

- David.

It doesn't like something in that file.

09-13 10:50:49.171  7391  7391 I System.out: ***** Got error from Exo player: Unexpected decode error

Can you please side load the mobile app onto that same device and play the exact same thing and then, if it works okay, please attach the log from the mobile app?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

It doesn't like something in that file.

09-13 10:50:49.171  7391  7391 I System.out: ***** Got error from Exo player: Unexpected decode error

Can you please side load the mobile app onto that same device and play the exact same thing and then, if it works okay, please attach the log from the mobile app?

Thanks.

You can get the apk for that here:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.