Playback on XBox Series X stuttering like mad.

SamuelWinsor

MBSki
11 minutes ago, cayars said:

Interesting but that one isn't HEVC but AVC1 codec.

Yep. Nothing seems to work.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, Letainer21 said:

I think your correct.  At this time it’s a insiders only update that was pushed through yesterday.  It’s easy to become a insider however.   Just sign up in the Xbox dashboard insiders app if you haven’t yet.  As I am not sure when the general public will get this new update.  

Are you still seeing positive results with the Insider OS build?

MBSki
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still seeing positive results with the Insider OS build?

@Luke Shouldn't you be looking into the cases where it does NOT work? I'm on the insider build and 4k videos still don't work. Can you please look into why they are NOT working?

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
ryzilla

Happy to help test as well, Im my xbox series x (xbox insider builds) even small TV shows shudder like mad are unwatchable. Same issue also on my sons series s (running standard xbox os)

Example below is unwatchable it like plays 1 frame and misses the next 6 and so on.

image.png.147248b622f4a92cc71694de7ecc230c.png

I have many devices on my next work from phones, shield TV, Apple TV, chromecast etc I dont see any issues with any of them except the xbox

Edited by ryzilla

• 3 months later...
Couchtime

Wanted to echo this problem and share some additional information.  I am running the most recent emby theater app on an xbox one x.  I often get brutal stuttering when starting playback.  However, it is far more likely when the resolution of the content is at least 1080p.  720p and below, no stuttering. 

Additionally, I have found I can resolve the stuttering by fast-forwarding 10s and then jumping back 10s, often doing that 2-4x over and over, and then when I return to the beginning, the stuttering has resolved.  This suggested to me it was a buffering issue, however merely pausing instead of jumping back and forth does not have the same success rate in resolving the stuttering.

Finally, I have noticed the Plex app often has a much much smaller, but still noticeable minor audio stutter at the beginning of playback, making me wonder if part of the issue is how the xbox handles buffering/streaming more generally.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
mike3821

So is there HDR or no? I just started using the Xbox. I mainly watch 1080 content. 4K content appears to crash.

• Agree 1

MBSki
23 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

So is there HDR or no? I just started using the Xbox. I mainly watch 1080 content. 4K content appears to crash.

I haven't been able to get it to work.

• Agree 1