Playback issues on Truenas

hjason7812

hjason7812

I am trying to play my media but i keep getting this playback error this is on a fresh install of emby and  latest version of emby and  also truenas.

I also have a problem where emby isn't pulling in all my media either. if it is a permission issue i don't know how to do that in truenas someone will have to help me in detail with what to do because evrything i found online on how to do that is years old and did not work at all for me.

The actions i took were i went to play a movie and it went to play it looked like anyways and then it threw up the playback error message that is attached. I then came here and tried to find help, i also deleted emby and reinstalled emby again and it still did it also deleted truenas and reinstalled truenas again and installed emby still did it and it is still doing that same exact thing. i installed the emby server plug in from the community page on truenas it seems like it has something missing in the plugin or something.

Attached are the screenshot of the problem and the emby server log.

Someone please help me asap fix this issue thank you

1130656850_embyerror.png.c2b81ca546c60158099b696fb07894e6.png

embyserver.txt

alucryd

@cayars yes, it seems the ffmpeg libraries are missing in our latest freebsd packages, the beta is fixed, the stable release will be soon. We need to fix the cert issue with mono 6.8 and we're good for a re-release.

hjason7812

it works again, just like how it stopped working all of a sudden it now works again all of a sudden. weird i know..

I also went ahead and installed the other plugin on the community tab that say just emby not the emby server one and that one works. it is kind of slow but it works now.

I don't know what happend it's strange and i am glad it works again.

also i tried to install the beta version and it wouldn't install over the 4.6.4.0 version the plugin is from the community tab.

alucryd

@hjason7812The plugins in the community tab are not made by us, we are trying to fix one of them, and hopefully get the other one deleted since it is redundant. We will also be updating our instructions to install it manually in a jail in the near future so we have a fallback that always works.

hjason7812
9 hours ago, alucryd said:

@hjason7812The plugins in the community tab are not made by us, we are trying to fix one of them, and hopefully get the other one deleted since it is redundant. We will also be updating our instructions to install it manually in a jail in the near future so we have a fallback that always works.

I know they aren't made by you but it's the only way to install the standard release. Even the instructions you have for the beta don't work most of the time. I tried to get it installed like 100 times it keeps saying it either can't find it or the beta release is already installed which it wasn't my truenas is a fresh install nothing was installed on it.