Quickest way to force reconnect/resync?

PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf

Hi all

FIrstly, I am loving Emby and the next gen plugin - I moved recently from a CorelElec Kodi with MySQL setup that caused nothing but problems :)

I run Kodi 19.1 via CoreElec on a number of devices and have had similar issues with my previous setup, so I am certain that a CoreElec Kodi issue causing it.   Basically, Kodi stops reflecting changes to it's library if the device hasn't been used for a number of hours.  As I have multiple CoreElec boxes connected to TVs around the house, this happens a lot. 

With my previous setup, it was enough to play a file for a couple of seconds and then stop it - This would refresh the connection to MySQL and show me the updated lists.  However, this doesn't seem to work with the Emby Next-Gen plugin and I find myself restarting the box.

Is there a quick way to refresh the connection?  Preferably from the normal menus and not buried in a setting somewhere?

Many thanks in advance :) 

PureLoneWolf

Thanks - I saw that - I was hoping for a way (maybe the inbuilt Kodi "Update Library" option for example) that avoided settings...just thinking about the missus etc who use the boxes too  :) 

quickmic

I'm still working on those issues in the experimental versions. You can try them but keep in mind, there is a reason why it's called experimental 😉 Also DB resets are mandatory.

Otherwise please wait, till it's at least declared as beta.

Edited by quickmic

PureLoneWolf
9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'm still working on those issues in the experimental versions. You can try them but keep in mind, there is a reason why it's called experimental 😉 Also DB resets are mandatory.

Otherwise please wait, till it's at least declared as beta.

Awesome - So does that mean that there is a reconnect/Resync interface option coming?  I will happily wait.  Like I say, an incredibly similar issue happened when I was not using Emby so, from my side, it's a CoreElec/Kodi issue that manifests itself in a way that affects Emby for Kodi NG.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, PureLoneWolf said:

Awesome - So does that mean that there is a reconnect/Resync interface option coming?  I will happily wait.  Like I say, an incredibly similar issue happened when I was not using Emby so, from my side, it's a CoreElec/Kodi issue that manifests itself in a way that affects Emby for Kodi NG.

Well, I working on fixes so there is no need for manual DB refreshes/reconnections etc.

Manual updates would just address the symptom, that's not what I'm going for.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1