"Refresh Metadata"doesn't work

Tomxu

After updating the latest emby, the scraper of the TV series is invalid.When I tried to refresh metadata of the tv library,it doesn't  work at all.Newly added episodes can’t automatically match information either.

However,I still can manually scrape info,so I wonder what's the problem?

(Movies can be automatically scraped normally)

21-09-03_12-17-20.png.1fd34693cabb6d7a31f109dc92bf217a.png

21-09-03_12-17-26.thumb.png.af96c71a5fd683cd411a7649f04e3d3e.png21-09-03_12-17-42.thumb.png.3191b5ce4d881a9f742896c38c6f3905.png

Happy2Play

It is odd that this is only affecting tvdb as tmdb and omdb connections are working.  But tvdb is throwing errors.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.

16 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It is odd that this is only affecting tvdb as tmdb and omdb connections are working.  But tvdb is throwing errors.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.

'

It's normal since tvdb is blocked in China,but I already changed metadata downloaders to tmdb. And i can access tmdb normally.

Hi, did you ever in the past use a VPN or similar type proxy to use tvdb?
If so some of your shows would have this as the main provider.

You can try and re-identify a problem series or two and see if this helps.

34 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, did you ever in the past use a VPN or similar type proxy to use tvdb?
If so some of your shows would have this as the main provider.

You can try and re-identify a problem series or two and see if this helps.

Nope,I used to use tmdb as provider.Since tvdb is blocked I never checked the box in the provider setting.

And I think the problem is metadata scrape for whole library,I surely can manually identify single serie but it still doesn't work when I try to refresh metadata for one.

Folder naming is going to be your issue with automatic identification.

Have a look at our knowledge base for proper folder naming structure for TV Shows:
https://support.emby.media/a/solutions/articles/44001159110

Here is a similar article for Movie naming:
https://support.emby.media/a/solutions/articles/44001159102

Thank you for helping out.

Did emby changed identify rules?Because I have no problem identifying tv shows automatically for last few months before I upgrade to the lastest version.

The Calls above,it is automatically identified by emby in old version.

Since I download most of series from private tracker,and they got specific naming rule for torrents. I'm afraid i can't change the folder name :(

Emby media has nothing to do with trackers or other similar things. These are two very different things.

Once you have the media in your position, you rename it and put it in the format needed for your best streaming and rename files/folders to match the naming conventions.

Trying to use the same media for multiple purposes isn't going to ever work well.

If you must also keep files for other purposes then you need to have 2 different sets of files.

• Thanks 1