Is it possible to show anime studio instead of broadcasting service?

Weevillo

Weevillo

Was wondering if, like with Plex, you're able to somehow show the animation studio's name instead of the broadcast company that aired it? Like for an instance Madhouse instead of Tokyo-MX.

Weevillo

Wondered since what broadcaster aired the show is more or less irrelevant in contrast to the makers of the show. It would be beneficial since I could browse similar works rather than whatever the broadcasting name could bring to the table (in terms of finding shows with the positive aspects the studio inhabits).

Deathsquirrel

That broadcaster info is coming from one of your metadata providers as the studio.  Dunno why they're choosing to do that, I get the same thing using TVDB and TheMovieDB as my providers.

• Like 1

OK understood. There is no way to do that automatically that I'm aware of.  That field is used for the broadcast channel.

Happy2Play

What is in the series metadata?  But yes for series it will show network it aired on.

But you could change the metadata and lock that field.

rbjtech
3 hours ago, Weevillo said:

Was wondering if, like with Plex, you're able to somehow show the animation studio's name instead of the broadcast company that aired it? Like for an instance Madhouse instead of Tokyo-MX.

There is no metadata source of this info, but you can just modify the studio in edit metadata manually to say whatever you want.  You can add multiples if you wish.

studio.PNG.738c063a2dfb580226e5effd8244b752.PNG

Weevillo
2 hours ago, Deathsquirrel said:

That broadcaster info is coming from one of your metadata providers as the studio.  Dunno why they're choosing to do that, I get the same thing using TVDB and TheMovieDB as my providers.

Yeah I use a variation of TVDB, TMDB and Anidb to get my metadata, I checked the respective data bases and only Anidb has the studio information sadly. Still, Plex managed it somehow even when I had HamaTV as the agent (TVDB sorts my anime much better with emby than Anidb).

Weevillo
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

What is in the series metadata?  But yes for series it will show network it aired on.

But you could change the metadata and lock that field.

Would it be a valid request asking for a feature able to use the studio instead? I'm thinking of some additional fields in the advanced section for libraries. In detail, that could be list-ordering for specific information assigning an agent of your choice. Like in this case it would mean that I could assign anidb to textual information while TVDB still handles the episode ordering i.a. Basically: extend the options within series metadata.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Weevillo said:

Would it be a valid request asking for a feature able to use the studio instead? I'm thinking of some additional fields in the advanced section for libraries. In detail, that could be list-ordering for specific information assigning an agent of your choice. Like in this case it would mean that I could assign anidb to textual information while TVDB still handles the episode ordering i.a. Basically: extend the options within series metadata.

Until selective logic per provider is added I don't think you will get results you want.   But at the same time using the anime plugin I don't see any of this info in provided metadata.  

image.png.ab8c9d95104279a3929a97ed86965c02.png

Doesn't look like Emby is getting this info from this provider.  So I would ask to see what your metadata has.

Weevillo
20 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Doesn't look like Emby is getting this info from this provider.  So I would ask to see what your metadata has.

From the looks of it you're using MAL in this shot? And all the information I wanted is in that shot, especially the studios (Gainax and Tatsunko Production). This information could also be obtain from sites such as Anidb and Anilist, which more or less all one needs. The anime plugin could probably be updated to pick up this information, leaving the ball in Emby's court.

So I would ask to see what your metadata has.

Pardon, could you specify? Would you like me to show what my Emby have or what the aforementioned sources have in terms of metadata information? It seems to me that the issue is that Emby just isn't designed (yet) to show the discussed information.

Until selective logic per provider is added

Is this in the works?