Can't get metadata

r2000

Hello,

I cannot retrieve the metadata and don't know why. I used to be able to with the exact same machine and am still using the same install.

Some users have encountered the same issue but they were using docker, I'm not. It's a server I'm renting.

Here's an extract of the logs, all the metadata sources cannot be accessed due to an SSL error.

2021-09-02 07:09:52.407 Error App: Error in MusicBrainz
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.6.4.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 4.19.0-17-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.194-3 (2021-07-18)
        Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 4
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
         ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.PartialFrameCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
        --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
           at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
           at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsyncCore(Stream stream, SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzAlbumProvider.GetMusicBrainzResponse(String url, Boolean isSearch, Boolean forceMusicBrainzProper, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzAlbumProvider.GetSearchResults(AlbumInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzAlbumProvider.GetMetadata(AlbumInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(BaseItem originalItem, MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: System.Net.Http
        TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
        InnerException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
        Source: System.Private.CoreLib
        TargetSite: Void Throw()
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.PartialFrameCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
           at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
           at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
           at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsyncCore(Stream stream, SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Any ideas on why I'm facing this ? Thanks for your time ! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Q-Droid

Can you connect to the site from the host OS using wget or curl? Do the results from nslookup for the site look right and match what you get from your workstation?

Q-Droid

Musicbrainz updated to a new cert since you first posted.  Is it still failing for your Emby server?

Issuer: C=FR, ST=Paris, L=Paris, O=Gandi, CN=Gandi Standard SSL CA 2
        Validity
            Not Before: Sep  6 00:00:00 2021 GMT
            Not After : Oct  7 23:59:59 2022 GMT
        Subject: CN=*.musicbrainz.org

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

Musicbrainz updated to a new cert since you first posted.  Is it still failing for your Emby server?

Issuer: C=FR, ST=Paris, L=Paris, O=Gandi, CN=Gandi Standard SSL CA 2
        Validity
            Not Before: Sep  6 00:00:00 2021 GMT
            Not After : Oct  7 23:59:59 2022 GMT
        Subject: CN=*.musicbrainz.org

But they should be hitting the Emby mirror (musicbrainz.emby.tv) not musicbrainz.org.

image.png.873618646a9b78d07499b7280ddd715f.png

So where would "The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure." actually come from.

But I know we get this from Fanart.tv when their servers are overloaded.

Q-Droid

Ah. I hadn't looked at the posted log so in that case the OP should test nslookup and wget/curl again using the Emby mirror.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue.
Using a Docker container (linuxserver emby image) I'm running into a problem where all external requests to https endpoints seem to be hitting SSL errors:

InnerException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

I've validated that the endpoints are reachable from within the container using curl, all SSL validations work, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the container's cert store.
This happens from startup, showing that even accessing emby.media URLs are failing, as well as the Github one used during the release check.

Including both the emby log and curl log from the test within the container

blog-curl.txt embyserver.txt

50 minutes ago, Chorca said:

Using a Docker container (linuxserver emby image) I'm running into a problem where all external requests to https endpoints seem to be hitting SSL errors:

I've validated that the endpoints are reachable from within the container using curl, all SSL validations work, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the container's cert store.
This happens from startup, showing that even accessing emby.media URLs are failing, as well as the Github one used during the release check.

blog-curl.txt 2.7 kB · 1 download embyserver.txt 116.07 kB · 1 download

Hi, I think you'll need to check with linuxserver on how they're configuring the certificate store in the container. I would suggest using our official Docker container, which is up to 4.6.6 now:

https://emby.media/docker-server.html

2 hours ago, Chorca said:

blog-curl.txt 2.7 kB · 1 download embyserver.txt 116.07 kB · 2 downloads

But if you want to stick with the linuxserver.io image, they did just let me know that it should be updated shortly. Thanks.