Need help please with sons gaming PC

all4dom

all4dom

I can not figure out why my sons gaming pc will not start up & am hoping someone here can help....

So i built my son a basic gaming PC Dec 2019. Last week I moved his desk to have his ductless fixed & when I hooked up everything, it wouldnt turn on. The motherboard is  an asrock b450m steel & it has rgb lights on the board that light up even before starting his PC & they were not on. I replaced the board (got it from amazon) & the rgb lights lit up, but it still would power on. I bought it to geek squad & they said it was probably the board because they tested everything else & there was power. SO i ordered a new board from Newegg  and I still have the same issue. It lights up but nothing when I power on. Guys I really need help. Is it possible I got 2 bad boards (reason I ask is because both amazon & newegg shipped me motherboards, but the plastic that the board was in was not sealed. Only other thing I can think of is could the processor be bad, which is an amd 3 ryzen ?  Thanks in advance.

generiq

Yikes! It could be one of a number of things. CPU, PSU, memory...etc. Does it post? If you have two or more sticks of RAM, try removing one stick at a time and test.

all4dom

I removed a stick of ram & still nothing. The only thing I can say is that the rgb lights on the board are lit, but nothing when I hit the power button.

clarkss12

Show a picture of the internals... How many hard drives, etc.

If I understand correctly, all you did was power it down, relocate it to another location.  When you applied power, nothing happens, no audio of any kind??  You never opened it up, you just removed the power cord, the cable to the monitor, the connectors to the keyboard and mouse, what else did you remove.

generiq
38 minutes ago, all4dom said:

I removed a stick of ram & still nothing. The only thing I can say is that the rgb lights on the board are lit, but nothing when I hit the power button.

You tried each stick independently? Do you have another PSU that you can test with? Is the board giving an error code?

Edited by generiq

all4dom

I didn't try both sticks but I will try that. First thing I did was buy a power supply friday but I returned it when i bought it to best buy & they tested everything & said it was the motherboard. I'm thinking I could.buy one again but what throws me off is the mobo rgb lights up. 

I believe I have my old Htpc somewhere & that would have if I remember 300 or 350 watt power supply. I have a Roswell 750 in there now.

Edited by all4dom

all4dom

I do have a question..... the bag the the mobo comes in, is that suppose to sealed? The first one I got from amazon was opened so I returned it & the second one from new egg was also opened, not sealed.