Movies missing primary image

FloydEmby

FloydEmby

I'm on version 4.6.4.0 and I'm having similar issues with the primary pic/graphic is NOT showing up for any of the "Latest Movies", as well as some random movies in that library when I view ALL movies.

I have run the Scan Files within the movies library.  After that completed, I ran the Refresh Meta data.  But still seeing the same issue.  I have also run the search for missing images.  That completed, but I do not see where I can view the results of that.

Thanks,

Dean.

5 hours ago, FloydEmby said:

I'm on version 4.6.4.0 and I'm having similar issues with the primary pic/graphic is NOT showing up for any of the "Latest Movies", as well as some random movies in that library when I view ALL movies.

I have run the Scan Files within the movies library.  After that completed, I ran the Refresh Meta data.  But still seeing the same issue.  I have also run the search for missing images.  That completed, but I do not see where I can view the results of that.

Thanks,

Dean.

Hi there @FloydEmby can you please go over an example? thanks.

FloydEmby
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there @FloydEmby can you please go over an example? thanks.

The example of missing primary graphics is associated with the "Latest Movies" listing on the home screen.  That is where I primarily see the missing movie graphics.  There are other movies that are also missing graphics.  When I select the movie "edit Graphic", there are some graphics in the thumb nail, but nothing associated with the Primary.  After I perform a manual search and select the found graphic for "primary", then the movie will show the graphic.

18 minutes ago, FloydEmby said:

The example of missing primary graphics is associated with the "Latest Movies" listing on the home screen.  That is where I primarily see the missing movie graphics.  There are other movies that are also missing graphics.  When I select the movie "edit Graphic", there are some graphics in the thumb nail, but nothing associated with the Primary.  After I perform a manual search and select the found graphic for "primary", then the movie will show the graphic.

And then are you all set after doing that?

FloydEmby
1 hour ago, Luke said:

And then are you all set after doing that?

No.  I'm hoping that there is a way for Emby to automatically make the updates of the primary graphic location either via the update meta data or library sync.  Is there no other option available other than one by one manual method?

3 minutes ago, FloydEmby said:

No.  I'm hoping that there is a way for Emby to automatically make the updates of the primary graphic location either via the update meta data or library sync.  Is there no other option available other than one by one manual method?

@FloydEmby It already is automatic the first time you scan a movie into your Emby library. If you somehow delete the image after that, then it is up to you to manually add it back.

If you're not getting a primary image the first time you import a movie into your library, then please go over a specific example and attach the corresponding Emby Server log from when that happened:

Thanks.

FloydEmby
40 minutes ago, Luke said:

@FloydEmby It already is automatic the first time you scan a movie into your Emby library. If you somehow delete the image after that, then it is up to you to manually add it back.

If you're not getting a primary image the first time you import a movie into your library, then please go over a specific example and attach the corresponding Emby Server log from when that happened:

Thanks.

Got it.  Thanks for all your help with this.  Greatly appreciated.  I will dig into the initial load issue deeper.